Ive been looking at two guitars from them. The ESP MX 250 and the Ken Lawrence explorer. Are these guys any good? Are they just a ripoff or can they make decent guitars?
They're 100 percent fake garbage from china. Avoid like the plague.

No they don't make decent guitars. You'd be lucky to even get a guitar with a functioning truss rod (if one at all)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by samuel-hepfer
Alrighty. Any other replica companys that are good then?

None. Especially if they're selling them for cheap.

If you want a hetfield style explorer, just get the Epiphone 1984 tribute one. That's actually a decent guitar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epiphone-1984-Explorer-EX-Ltd-Ed-Electric-Guitar-Alpine-White-/311035537757?pt=Guitar&hash=item486b29a95d

That's what you want.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Aug 19, 2014,
Why do you want a replica? Just save up for the real thing. You'll be much happier in the end.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Why do you want a replica? Just save up for the real thing. You'll be much happier in the end.

Probably because the real ones are expensive so he thought he found a deal.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by samuel-hepfer
Thats and Edwards. Theyre also replicas arent they?

ESP makes Edwards.....

So no they arent.

They aren't exactly the crap replicas from the rare electrics either.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by samuel-hepfer
Ah. Also, I cant click on anything on the ken lawrence website.

Me either. Been like that for a few months now IIRC.

So your cheaper options will be the Edwards or the Epiphone.

And then if you want to splurge you can get a really custom shop MX like hetfields or a KL.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Aug 19, 2014,
ESP Can't (won't) sell the explorer shape in the US, even on a custom anymore. I believe Mr. Hetfield may be an exception, but his customs are probably ghost built by a luthier these days.
I got my LTD Explorer at a pretty decent price. You can find the LTD EXPs for between 300 and 600 bucks used these days. Although, they probably match the quality of the epiphone 1984s.
And yes, the Edwards are made in ESP's Japan factory. You will have to import them from there, though. Unless you can find a used one.
Last I checked, the MX250s were going for 4 grand or more.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Last edited by ryanbwags at Aug 19, 2014,
I saw a couple of used ltd's on ebay but one looked pretty beat up and im fine with the other but I freaking haaate ebay.
My 300 was an eBay find. It wasn't too bad. I've never experienced the horror stories first hand myself.
If I'm not mistaken, Hetfield doesn't get explorer shaped guitars from esp anymore either. That's why they came out with the snakebyte shape.
Probably not, but he had a purple explorer with a chrome pickguard in the Sophia big 4 show on the DVD I hadn't seen before. It had a newer ESP logo on the headstock. Like I said, someone probably ghost built it and ESP slapped their logo on it.
Quote by samuel-hepfer
Ive been looking at two guitars from them. The ESP MX 250 and the Ken Lawrence explorer. Are these guys any good? Are they just a ripoff or can they make decent guitars?

As was said here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1642925&page=1&pp=20
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!