Do you remember Slayer127? That's me. We used to talk. Checking out your album now!
Quote by thrasher726
Do you remember Slayer127? That's me. We used to talk. Checking out your album now!

Hey man! Yeah. It's been awhile. I see you're still dedicated to the thrashy cause. Thanks for stopping by, or even remembering! You got any projects going?

Quote by CF_Mono
This is cool. Loving the samples in these songs. Very well produced. Your vocals are super cool though! Reminds me of Dismember mid 90's. I have my own thrash EP as a hatter of fact... it's also a one man project. Check it out! http://vinceisbulletface.bandcamp.com

Thanks man! I just checked out your stuff and now I'm peddling it on Facebook. You've got an excellent sound. Those proggy melodic bits remind me a lot of Voivod's atmosphere. I'll send some money your way on payday for sure. I'm curious of your influences and process, PM me sometime if you ever wanna talk shop.
Damn man! You've really built up a following. Was it all through networking or did you pay? Congrats on that! That song is heavy, those stops early on for some reason make it so much more intense. Are you recording DI or micing?
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Damn man! You've really built up a following. Was it all through networking or did you pay? Congrats on that! That song is heavy, those stops early on for some reason make it so much more intense. Are you recording DI or micing?

Usually DI. I did it through networking, posting my songs on here and constantly posting stuff everywhere. It's a lot of hard work.
Hey man.

Awesome stuff. You're clearly far better than me so any critique I try and give is gonna be a bit iffy. But, FWIW, it sounds tight and really well written, and the mix and production sound professional. The vocals on Poverty sound awesome but at times I thought they were a little too quiet. Overall I would also prefer more crack to the snare - I find when I listen to music it helps encourage the kind of head bang that chiropractors like to see.

The lead parts towards the end of Vision of the Future sounded epic.

I quite liked the kind of "concept album" idea of themed tracks.

If you fancy having a little listen to my stuff I would appreciate any comments:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1654244

Cheers

Quote by aaron aardvark
Sami,
Guitar playing & riffs are good. Vocal samples are good. Singing fits the song. Don't worry, we have nothing to worry about with Russia anymore just don't watch the news anymore. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1654110

Thanks! And don't worry, It was just a concept, I'm not in my basement plotting Soviet nuclear missile strike preparedness.

Quote by RabidBadger
Hey man.

Awesome stuff. You're clearly far better than me so any critique I try and give is gonna be a bit iffy. But, FWIW, it sounds tight and really well written, and the mix and production sound professional. The vocals on Poverty sound awesome but at times I thought they were a little too quiet. Overall I would also prefer more crack to the snare - I find when I listen to music it helps encourage the kind of head bang that chiropractors like to see.

The lead parts towards the end of Vision of the Future sounded epic.

I quite liked the kind of "concept album" idea of themed tracks.

If you fancy having a little listen to my stuff I would appreciate any comments:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1654244

Cheers

Dude your stuff is awesome! And thanks! I had a problem with the vocal mix, but tend to lean toward quieter when I feel I can't hit it perfect, I'll try to tweak it a bit more next time. And yeah, small themed releases are where it's at IMO.
Hi, I've had a listen to your song "Poverty" over on your soundcloud. I Ike how you have used the news style voice overs which fit into your song well and help build an image.

The guitar and the bass parts are tight although I'd personally turn the guitars up abit more in the mix when there are no vocals to give those sections more power and to hear the riffs more clearly. Overall a very good track.

Please check out my first single "Seeing in Black and White" over at http://soundcloud.com/morphitis/seeing-in-black-and-white/s-8SyOK.

Thanks, M
Damn Sami. Please tell me that's you playing the leads! I haven't listened to all of it on a good stereo yet, but from what I've heard so far, you've been busy buddy!! Nice to see ya again btw.

Just ****ing awesome shit man.
POVERTY - By a clever use of samples and riffs an intensely dark, ominous atmosphere is immediately articulated. Driving relentless rhythms incisively chug solid slabs of monster music. The wild, slightly twisted vocal finds a fine line between gutsy growl and lucid lyricism. The band are supremely tight and heavy, delivering the music with all the tightness and slickness that it requires. The engineering and production are excellent too.
VULGAR DIALECTIC - continuing their musical deconstruction of the horrors of Stalinist totalitarianism, this track has a more broken, chunky, double time feel to it. Again, consummately performed and produced modern metal. The lyrical screaming of the vocal adds a distinction to the sound. There's nothing to fault here. A complete sound and vision, completely done. Very satisfying to listen to sonically, with the added depth of poetical penetration and topical relevance. Almost symphonically arranged, with a thick sound that is never cluttered due to the musical placement and interplay of the various instruments.
VISION OF THE FUTURE - again a beautiful interplay and arrangement of instrument, exploring different textures and sounds, made all the more powerful by the use of some disturbing sound bite samples. Awesomely ominous, edgy and epic, I welcome Vilarum as a serious musical force. This band are fully formed, and more than ready to take this magnificent music to the next level,,,,,,,,,,,

For something somewhat different, you can C4C here