Hi There!

Recently I have been watching a lot of videos about Impulse Reponses that I can use when recording via the Amplitube 3 software.
Unfortunately, whenever I am trying to get the tone that is supposed to be obtained thanks to the impulse response loaders I end up with nothing.
Basically, everyone says that in order to properly load an impulse response I need to use my DAW (Garageband), load Amplitube 3, bypass the Cab, load an impulse response file (I use LeCab for doing this), and be happy with new and nasty tone.
Yet, it all seems to be relatively simple, but whenever I apply the foregoing my tone gets even worse. The moment I bypass the cab and load an impulse reponse is the moment in which the tone gets really bad.

Is there anyone who could explain to me (in detail: what kind of 'track' should I create in my daw, what to do step by step etc.) what should I do so as to get the tone that I am looking for?

The gear that I use is the following:

MacBook Pro
Behringer UCG 202
Ibanez Rg570
Garageband
Amplitube 3
LePou Plugins
Quote by b3guitar
Basically, everyone says that in order to properly load an impulse response I need to use my DAW (Garageband), load Amplitube 3, bypass the Cab, load an impulse response file (I use LeCab for doing this), and be happy with new and nasty tone.
This is exactly what you would do actually.

Though there are things you may wanna think about.

Can you make an amp sound very good through a bad sounding cab?
Or in other words, do your impulse responses suck?

Do you set your amp's parameters with a cab and then switch cab?
Or in other words, are you adjusting the amps setting after you changed your cab?

Also how are you connecting the guitar to the interface?

And clips would help.
First of how the guitar sounds clean (no effects whatsoever), then the sound you don't like.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
First of how the guitar sounds clean (no effects whatsoever), then the sound you don't like.

Link removed, DG