Hello.

I've heard things, that some DAW's are for professional recordings, that the most of the recording studios use ProTools.
This means, that with ProoTolls Ill have better recorded quality, than with Reaper?
I use currently Reaper, becouse it's the simplest for me, but if with other DAW Ill get a better qualiti, then Ill go with some another DAW.
What you recommend, what you use?
Quote by venndi88
I've heard things, that some DAW's are for professional recordings
Every DAW is made to record and non-destructively edit audio.
Every single one.
There's nothing more professional in any DAW than in any other DAW.
Quote by venndi88
That the most of the recording studios use ProTools.
Yes this is true, and it's because of two reasons.
First of all, Pro Fools is the first DAW that worked properly, and it worked properly with good sounding, big integrated system people used to work with in studios.
Then, a lot of people say they're more comfortable working with recorded audio using that than using other DAWs.
Quote by venndi88
This means, that with ProoTolls Ill have better recorded quality, than with Reaper?
Not at all.
Quote by venndi88
I use currently Reaper, becouse it's the simplest for me, but if with other DAW Ill get a better qualiti, then Ill go with some another DAW.
Every DAW will give you the same quality.
Some DAW will give you different features and different workflows, and that's it.
Quote by venndi88
What you recommend, what you use?
I recommend trying everything and then decide what you prefer working with.

Me myself, I use Logic Pro 9.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
I recommend trying everything and then decide what you prefer working with.

This. Nothing else matters.

My chosen DAW is a Tascam 2488 MkII. I'm completely happy with it, but lots here would hate it. In the same way, Reaper is probably the most recommended DAW, but I've tried it & hated it.

Like with everything else, your guitar, your amp, your pedals, everything - preference is the answer.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I second the Tascam 2488. I have the first modal and it's still working great. I use it often and can pick it up and go somewhere and have other musicians record additional parts. Since mine is the first modal it also contains a midi sound modual so you can have a midi file playing or a midi drum track on it's own channel and not use any of the 24 tracks. Unfortunately Tascam removed this feature from later modals. I also have Sonor and Music Creator (an inexpensive but excellent version of Sonor with lots of VSTs). I have the best of both worlds because I can easily take my tracks from the Tascam and import them into Sonor or Music Creator for mixing and I have T-Racks Deluxe suite for mastering. Having the Tascam has allowed me to do eight track live recording as well and that has actually been an occasional source of revenue recording a few local bands.

The best DAW is the one that you feel completely comfortable with. I personally like the hands on approach of the Tascam 2488 because I can work fast, not worry about latency issues, freezing up or any of the problems that occasionally crop up with a DAW. I like having both a physical recorder and a virtual one.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Aug 20, 2014,
None of them. Google is your friend, or the searchbar or the stickied threads.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.