Hey guys, im developing a business plan for a college project and hoped you could help by answering some quistions based on current music sharing websites.

1) What do you like or dislike about current music sharing sites that are available? Do they suit yor needs?

2) What improvements would you make to them to better your experience?

3) What sort of price do you feel is suitable for being able to have access to more features such as greater advertisment, more file sharing and marketing/selling your music?

If you could answer any of the above quistions it would be greatly appreciated.
Raw
If by music sharing you mean Spotify, Pandora, etc...

1. Completely against them. Don't use them. They've robbed too much income from most artists.
2. They should compensate artists fairly.
3. $15-$30 per month

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

1. Completely against them. Don't use them. They've robbed too much income from most artists.
2. They should compensate artists fairly.
3. $15-$30 per month

u shud only do music bcuz u lyk 2 not bcuz u want to make $ if u r doin it 4 da $ u r doin it 4 da rong resin nd u dnt diserve 2 hav any fans bcuz u r just a corprate selout
Check out my band Disturbed

1. Completely against them. Don't use them. I could get better quality audio for free and without ads.
2. They should compensate me for time wasted trying them out.
3. 0$ per month
1) i dont like 3rd party companies taking money from artists, record company or streaming site.
2) pay if u like, get w/ the times losers
3) whatever i deem appropriate
Thanks for the response, its much appreciated. But im also talking about things like soundcloud and the uses of them towards sharing your own music.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
1) i dont like 3rd party companies taking money from artists, record company or streaming site.
2) pay if u like, get w/ the times losers
3) whatever i deem appropriate

What about soundcloud?
bandcamp sees alright. i dunno enough about soundcloud to have an opinion. but stuff like spotify is not chill.
1. Sites like Pandora I like, since that's where I've found out about many bands and have bought some of those band's CDs. I would buy more, but can't afford any.

2. I think that compensating the bands would be a fair trade.

3. I guess whatever I feel comfortable paying.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
1. They don't have any of the overpriced j-pop/j-rock I listen to, so I download it all illegally on jpopsuki and nyaa.

2. Put all of the j-pop/j-rock on it.

3. Idk whatever.