Hello fellow guitar player,

I've been hard at work on a project that I would like to share with you. It's called YouTab and its what I believe is a great way to sync lyrics and chords with music. The smart guys I work with use a nifty algorithm to "listen" to the music and in a lot of cases it does a really good job in getting the chords. But since technology has its limits there's an editor application that lets you fix what is wrong.

https://www.youtab.me/

I am hoping that this will develop into a useful resource for musicians and music lovers and I'd love to hear what you think about it and get ideas as to what you might like to see next.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best regards.
UG probably won't appreciate you linking a different tabbing site but I just checked out Hotel California and it worked alright
UG definitely will see this as spamming but if it works then that is an amazing algorithm you've written there friend.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
It's not that revolutionary, it just syncs chords with youtube videos

It works though
This is actually pretty cool.

I tested it with You Could Be Happy by Snow Patrol and it said Am instead of C but close enough.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Oh, well I hope UG won't mind. I don't think that it's competitive in anyway, it's a much smaller scope. Thanks for checking it out guys.
Your first statement "Hello guitar player" is pretty accurate given that the vast majority of us only play MacBook Pros here.
A few tiny bugs (like telling you the chord is C, when it's actually Am), but it seems to work pretty well.
There's a software out that does this. It's called Riffstation I believe.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
A few tiny bugs (like telling you the chord is C, when it's actually Am), but it seems to work pretty well.

it's user submitted, so that's not really a bug

also I'm pretty sure spoony's right, I think there already is some sort of program like this, I saw a Namm video of it once