I'm using http://www.virtualdrumming.com with a mic set up to my speakers but there is so much white noise and the sound isn't that great.

I'm just looking for simple drums to give my stuff a beat. Are there any programs (preferably free) that can be recorded directly into your computer without having to record the output itself? The key tapping that VD has works really well, just sucks that I can't make the output internal.
Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all.
Whoa buddy that is some unnecessarily low quality and convoluted work.

What DAW are you using? That will make a big difference.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
What is a DAW? I'm using Reaper for recording and I'm on a macbook pro if that means anything.
Quote by Snotfish
What is a DAW? I'm using Reaper for recording and I'm on a macbook pro if that means anything.

Reaper is your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)

If you want to spend precisely zero dollars, you should use garageband's built-in drum stuff to program easy beats, then export those tracks into reaper to do the rest of your recording.

The other option is to get a cheap drum VST that you can plug into reaper, such as ezdrummer.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Ezdrummer2 has reached a quality level where I'm perfectly happy recommended it as an entry level drum kit vsti.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Thank you fellows. Other place I've checked was my usual drug-related community forum. Definitely makes a difference when people know what they're talking about (you guys)

downloading ezdrummer as we speak.
Quote by Snotfish

downloading ezdrummer as we speak.

Wouldn't go advertising that. This forum doesn't smile on piracy.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!