Im making a strat body but have came across a problem, i do not want a scratchplate but need to create channel between the pickups for the wiring (HH pickups). There is about 3 inches between the pickup cavitys and i dont really want to route between them because this means covering the hole and with a plain wood finish it would be very obvious. I wouldnt be able to drill a hole because it is to long. Any ideas on how i could do this?
get a long drill bit. drill through the neck to the neck pickup cavity. continue drilling from neck to bridge cavity.
Yeah thanks thats a good idea, would have to find a bit big enough but i will try find one, thanks!
Diddnt know about them but it wouldn't fit in the cavity and i wouldn't really want to buy a whole drill good suggestion though.
You are somehow making a strat body and dont have a drill?... that is not a good start. The only way to do this is to use the long drill bit. They have them for like 8 bucks at home depot...
EDIT: realized you were talking to the guy above your post. But still, literally teh only way to do this is to drill through the pickup cavity.
Last edited by Explorerbuilder at Aug 20, 2014,
Quote by Explorerbuilder
You are somehow making a strat body and dont have a drill?... that is not a good start. The only way to do this is to use the long drill bit. They have them for like 8 bucks at home depot...
EDIT: realized you were talking to the guy above your post. But still, literally teh only way to do this is to drill through the pickup cavity.
Yeah I do have a drill haha just not the drill bit I will have to try find one.