Hi, I was just wondering how a Marshall JCM800 or JCM900 or JCM2000 would "react" (for lack of a better word) with a Mesa 4x12 cabinet equipped with V30 speakers. What would it do to that classic Marshall sound? What difference does it make as opposed to using it through a simple 1960A?

I've heard good things about the V30 speakers but I'm not sure how the mixing and matching works. Is the Mesa cab pretty universal for all heads? Will sounds be superior through these speakers? What makes these speakers so great?

Someone please clear up my confusion!

Thank You!
Quote by paulltheviking
Is the Mesa cab pretty universal for all heads? Will sounds be superior through these speakers?
That is entirely down to preference.
Quote by paulltheviking
What makes these speakers so great?
They sound like v30's but a bit better.
That's just my opinion though

v30's in a mesa cab would sound tighter and they will have more highs than the T75 you usually find in marshall cabs.

I prefer them for the vast majority of stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ i can't remember what the mesa v30s are like but standard v30s have fewer highs than a g12t75. they have much more high mids, though, which can sort of give that impression. but yeah the g12t75 has that more vintage sort of "bite" on the real top end which is totally rolled off with the (standard, chinese) v30.

and yeah it's pretty much preference. I'm guessing it'll sound a bit more modern, chunky etc. with the mesa cab, but should still sound fairly marshally.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In my experience mesa cabs always sounded a bit woofier and darker than Marshall cabs. My personal preference is 1960BV, that thing sings. I find normal 1960a or b way too bright.
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
Well what amp do you have?

Mesa V30's are different than the typical V30's found in most cabs. They are also the only V30 still made in the UK.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate