So, im thinking of getting a banner for our bands live shows. But i have no idea what size it should be to look cool, but not be to big to actually set up. I was thinking of just a banner that would be hung behind the drumkit, at the back of the stage, but if anyone has any good alternative solutions, out with them. I want the stage to look as cool as possible We play some sort of metal if that has any bearing on the situation.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
My last band had two hanging banners that really stuck out....alot of people commented on that and we could basically hang them anywere....
DiZEL1
DiZEL2

and my new band, that´s a little tight on funds, made the "Classic-backdrop" until we can afford to get a real one...the downside is that it tends to get lost behind the drummer if the ceiling height is low
deaf dumb & blind
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Find out the standard sizes from your local print ship, get basic pricing, go from there. One thing is to make sure it is easy to hang in a multitude of ways, nothing looks worse than a droopy banner! Consider a stiffener (a piece of 1/2" x 1" wood, for example) along the top edge with eye hooks.
My reverbnation page

2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73 Epi 6830E
72 Fender Telecaster
Epi Dot Studio
Epi LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e uke
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
My band just got one done up. This one's 7' wide and 3' in length. Paid $105.50, which is a lot cheaper than other places were asking. They asked $140 or even $180.

If you think that's too big I'd suggest a 5' wide 2' length one.

Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec