Hi guys,
I couldn't find an answer for this problem anywhere so I'm hoping someone on here might know..
When tuning individual strings my Fender Stratocaster, the pitch of other strings seem to be affected. I've never encountered this problem before, and originally thought it may be due to the (ridiculously) light strings that were originally on the guitar, but the problem has remained since I put new strings on it.
This is very annoying and makes it a pain to tune!!
If anyone has any idea what this problem is / how I can rectify it, I'd be very grateful!!
Thanks,
Dan
Probably needs a set up. Especially if you have went up a string gauge etc. the tension in the neck and adjustment to your bridge is needed. You need a truss rod tool but if you don't know what you're doing maybe just pay for it.
1972 Telecaster Custom (My Baby)
Do you have locking tuners? Fender Support page has complete instructions for guitar setup (truss rod adjustment, neck relief specs, action specs, etc.)
Id maybe look into getting a professional set-up.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
I play a Fender American Fat Strat. It has locking tuners and play with .10 or .11's on top. I've never had a guitar stay in tune like this one. I played a gig tonight and had to change my strings before. Which is of course not the best idea. Point is it was a little more tricky than usual but your Fender should not go out. You may need another spring in the back on your trem. But most likely minor adjustments on the truss rod with it set up for the EXACT gauge youll be playing with will solve your problem. Pay the money to let a pro do it.
Does the trem float? If so any change to tension in one string will effect the others.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Does the trem float? If so any change to tension in one string will effect the others.

Hey man, yeah it does, and appears to more now after I changed the strings..
Last edited by danmil94 at Aug 24, 2014,
Quote by weyler1
I play a Fender American Fat Strat. It has locking tuners and play with .10 or .11's on top. I've never had a guitar stay in tune like this one. I played a gig tonight and had to change my strings before. Which is of course not the best idea. Point is it was a little more tricky than usual but your Fender should not go out. You may need another spring in the back on your trem. But most likely minor adjustments on the truss rod with it set up for the EXACT gauge youll be playing with will solve your problem. Pay the money to let a pro do it.

Hi, yeah my strat's great for staying in tune too! It's just when I have to change tunings for different songs it becomes a ball ache! Yeah I think I'll head down to my local shop and see what they can do. Cheers for the help
Last edited by danmil94 at Aug 24, 2014,