Hi Folks
I'm newbie.

A singer/guitarist from London.

Just purchased a Guild D 140CE, originally brought a Fender CD 140CE which is a lovely guitar for the price but after playing a couple off days found the Neck a bit of hard work for fingerpicking.

I took it back to the store and paid the extra for a Guild D 140CE which was more then double the price.

Man , the Guild is a different level, Solid Spruce top and solid Mahogony back & sides.

The pick up is a Fishmen volume and tone dails under the soundhole

The sound is sweet and the action is very good.

There is not much reviews on the net and a very few youtube video' but its very much worth the upgrade.
I play and sing and using the Guild is such a joy to sing with.

Dave
Yeah, the Asian Guild GAD series have a fine reputation.

I'm curious though, what is the difference in the neck of the Guild, as opposed to the Fender? I have the maple necked, Fender "Sonoran", which I setup properly, and it's probably my fastest playing acoustic.

Guilds specs indicate the necks are approximately the same width between the CD-140 and the Guild.

I will grant that the all solid Guild probably eats the little Fender for breakfast, sonically speaking.

Happy New Guitar Day! Post some pics and start a "HNGD" thread, if the spirit should move you.

Or even simpler, put some pics up in this thread and turn it into a "HNGD" thread.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Aug 20, 2014,
Quote by Captaincranky
Yeah, the Asian Guild GAD series have a fine reputation.

I'm curious though, what is the difference in the neck of the Guild, as opposed to the Fender? I have the maple necked, Fender "Sonoran", which I setup properly, and it's probably my fastest playing acoustic.

Guilds specs indicate the necks are approximately the same width between the CD-140 and the Guild.

I will grant that the all solid Guild probably eats the little Fender for breakfast, sonically speaking.

Happy New Guitar Day! Post some pics and start a "HNGD" thread, if the spirit should move you.

Or even simpler, put some pics up in this thread and turn it into a "HNGD" thread.

I can't believe a purist like you would own an acoustic with a stratocaster headstock. To me that's almost as hideous as the Dean V-wing.
Quote by rohash
I can't believe a purist like you would own an acoustic with a stratocaster headstock. To me that's almost as hideous as the Dean V-wing.
Let me try to explain.... First, they make a Sonoran in left hand. And second, I'm almost as old as the Beach Boys. So it's more, "California Kitsch", and "wish I knew how to surf, while singing tenor", rather than, "please welcome Billy Badazz, & The Metal Mayhem Muther Muggers".

I do freely admit, those "vintage", 6 in line, 14:1 tuners on the guitar are shit.

Besides, M'sF had two sets of inventory at different prices. I ordered the cheap Sonoran during a sale. I think it cost me about $329.00. It's gotta be worth close to that, in spite of the headstock...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Aug 21, 2014,