Not sure if such magic exists, but is there an app that allows a guitar to be plugged into an android device and the output to a cabinet so it doesn't sound overly naff?
I've sold off all my amp heads to fund my chicken dipper habit and am now left with a 212 cabinet with V30's as a TV stand and a 112 loaded with a swamp thang as a stand for my cockroaches vivarium.
I have an interface for my computer but the latency issue renders it unusable for practicing.
Has anyone tried similar?
I'm not sure if there are any for Android OS, but there are lots for Apple Ipod/Ipad/Iphone.

But you will need to hook the device to a poweramp to push your cabs.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Effectively using the app as the pre-amp really. I've heard some people say you can directly link a pre-amp to a cabinet for very low volume output-is this at all viable? I live in a flat so as long as I can get an audible noise just above string volume I'd be content!
Quote by Leeham
Effectively using the app as the pre-amp really. I've heard some people say you can directly link a pre-amp to a cabinet for very low volume output-is this at all viable? I live in a flat so as long as I can get an audible noise just above string volume I'd be content!

Yes it will output a very low volume, but you will not be jamming with others.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks for the prompt responses!
I'll have a looksy at the app page later (currently on works computer which is coming up with page deniiied!)
My hissing roaches will probably join in but as long as I'm not outpowered by them all is well!
I've got a few 1/4" to 3.5mm connectors hiding somewhere to give it all a whirl
How would that work? Would you plug into the charging port and then out through the headphone jack?
Quote by adambauman31
How would that work? Would you plug into the charging port and then out through the headphone jack?

there is an adapter that you can get that allows a line in and it has a phone out.

but I see the issue your talking about, without that type of adapter/interface you can't do it. This would work
www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-GuitarConnect-Cable-iPhone/dp/B003VWZJEQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-1&keywords=Android+Guitar+Interface
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
There is nothing really for Android, the Android OS just isn't built for that sort of thing, it experiences large amounts of latency. Go pick up an iPad or any recent iOS device and you have plenty of options!
I tried that beta app that somebody spammed in here the other day called Andrig. It wouldn't install on my Samsung S2. Might be worth giving a try on your phone though.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I ran Amplitube into a DI box on an iPhone 4 with a Peavey Ampkit interface for the hell of it. Just to try it. We had a good sound guy and he made it sound pretty damn good.

Obviously kept the phone plugged in.
The problem with Android is that it is so ****ing fragmented. You would have to compile a hundred or more different builds for each version of Android and for each hardware configuration and there is never any guarantee that you can achieve acceptable latency across all devices.

So even if amp sims do exist for Android, odds are you don't have one of the specific Android phones or tablets it was built for.

A cheap used iPod touch could be great. Eventually you're spending so much money, you may be better off with something like a Pod HD Desktop.

Some articles on it from osirisguitar.com.

http://www.osirisguitar.com/why-there-is-no-ampkit-for-android/ 2011-07-06

http://www.osirisguitar.com/low-latency-audio-comes-to-android-will-amp-sims-follow/ 2012-07-09

http://www.osirisguitar.com/android-gets-usb-audio-support/ 2014-07-10
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Android actually has no reliable amp sims. I downloaded Guitar Effects, it seems ok but the latency is horrendous.

Apparently new versions of Android will help end this, but I don't know. It makes me disappointed. Everything else on Android is amazing, but that latency has got to go if we want amp sims or any music software that uses an input signal.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline