Page 1 of 2
Anyone have any quotes that inspire them that they take to heart?
Why does it speak to you and how have you aspired to live it out?

For me, it is this quote from the movie American Beauty:

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment."
-Lester Burnham

It speaks to me because as someone who is prone to worrying about the future, it reminds me to relax and enjoy the beauty in everything, light and dark. For example, I am best friends with someone I would love to be in a relationship with one day, but instead of pining over it and making it my fixation, I (as well as her) are both letting it grow naturally and seeing what happens, fully appreciative for the opportunity to share in each other's life along the way, no matter where it may lead.
To live: To paint with all the colors of experience and embrace forever the creation you make, because no matter what the product is, it's always your masterpiece.
There she got that feeding pussy, I'm a go feed my need of pussy
Every other day I feed a pussy, never ever when I eat the pussy
Your hoe is my hoe
You can't go home with your hoe
The one in my sig and

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
My God, it's full of stars!
I dont live by any quote

Although there are some quotes that make me think
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
"Get crunk"
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

"eat your beets carefully"
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I have yet to find a quote that distills my worldview into a quaint and pithy sentence.

That doesn't mean I won't find one, but as of this writing nope
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
that one ^ and

'only pony****ers live their lives around a quote' - charlie chaplin

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
that one ^ and

Hahahahaha! :p
To live: To paint with all the colors of experience and embrace forever the creation you make, because no matter what the product is, it's always your masterpiece.
Quote by Luna Eclipsed
Hahahahaha! :p

: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

)

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Thomas Gray
From hence, ye beauties, undeceiv'd,
Know, one false step is ne'er retriev'd,
And be with caution bold.
Not all that tempts your wand'ring eyes,
And heedless hearts is lawful prize;
Nor all that glitters gold.

It's from a poem. About a cat. That drowned in a tub of goldfishes.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Actually that Woody Allen quote "Eighty percent of success is showing up" or whatever is pretty good.

Actually nevermind. It implies a certain passive reactionary way of life rather than being pro-active
Quote by JamSessionFreak
that one ^ and

You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
"Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you".

This is a sobering quote, because it's double-edged. The positive edge is that it implies, if you want others to be nice/polite to you and treat you well, you should be nice/polite to others and treat them well. But on the negative side, if you treat others badly, you might expect them to treat you badly.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

This is a sobering quote, because it's double-edged. The positive edge is that it implies, if you want others to be nice/polite to you and treat you well, you should be nice/polite to others and treat them well. But on the negative side, if you treat others badly, you might expect them to treat you badly.

And sometimes people treat you badly no matter how considerate you are.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
And sometimes people treat you badly no matter how considerate you are.

Of course, but you're more likely to get good results with honey than vinegar. You always have assholes, and you can't do anything about them. But if you act like an asshole in response to them, how does that benefit you? You just end up pissed off and/or bitter, due to the way someone else treated you. Where's the point in that?
"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking it makes it so" - Shakespeare

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything" - Tyler Durden

"You're not your Facebook status. You're not how many friends you have. You're not the smart phone you own. You're not the apps of your phone. You're not your ****ing iPad. You're the all-planking, e-consuming crap of the world."

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyer" - Shakespeare

"What Tyrone wanted more than anything else was not to have any hassles. That's it baby, no hassles. That's all ah seen all mah twenty five years. Somebody always hasslin somebody. Somebody always getting up side somebody's haid. If it ain't the man it's a brother. Ain't nobody ever satisfied. Just be free an easy jim like ah loves you and you loves me...sheeit, you doan have to love me jim, you can hate mah black ass, I jus don't want no hassles." - Requiem For A Dream

"Well I try my best, to be like I am. But everybody wants me to be just like them." - Bob Dylan
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Aug 21, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Of course, but you're more likely to get good results with honey than vinegar. You always have assholes, and you can't do anything about them. But if you act like an asshole in response to them, how does that benefit you? You just end up pissed off and/or bitter, due to the way someone else treated you. Where's the point in that?

I know, I know.

When I was a kid, I was told that if you're a good person, that good things happen to you. And that often set me up for disappointment.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I know, I know.

When I was a kid, I was told that if you're a good person, that good things happen to you. And that often set me up for disappointment.

Yeah, fair enough. I can see how that would cause a kid a lot of disappointment.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far." -Teddy Roosevelt
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Aug 21, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Yep, that's my basic philosophy too
Quote by fingrpikingood
"The only good is knowledge, the only evil is ignorance." -Socrates.

The only wisdom is acknowledging your own ignorance.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I dunno, Rocky films tend to have good moral quotes:

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
im pretty sure most of the seriously posted quotes so far affected the posters life for about the time it took them to google or come up with a good sounding quote

Ts may be an exception here since he actually took the time to make a thread about his quote

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
im pretty sure most of the seriously posted quotes so far affected the posters life for about the time it took them to google or come up with a good sounding quote

Yes...way to generalize and assume these quotes aren't something people actually try to actualize in their personal lives.
Page 1 of 2