Can somebody please give me a guide for wiring a P94t into a Les Paul for dummies. I tried to do it and it doesnt sound right, and my neck knobs are controlling my bridge now.
White or black on your volume pot. If you use white, then have black go to your ground and vice versa. Green and bare go to ground as well.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
White or black on your volume pot. If you use white, then have black go to your ground and vice versa. Green and bare go to ground as well.

do i solder directly to the ground (the back of the output)?
Quote by nuttysandwich
do i solder directly to the ground (the back of the output)?

Sure, you can ground them on that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Aug 22, 2014,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Sure, you can ground them on that.

if white goes to back of volume pot, then where is the best spot to ground the green, bare and black?
Quote by nuttysandwich
if white goes to back of volume pot, then where is the best spot to ground the green, bare and black?

Whatever one is your lead will go onto a lug on the volume pot.

The rest would go to the back of the pot.

Are you using a schematic? They're available and might be a bit more clear for you. The P-94 one is just text but I'm sure a regular bucker schematic will work.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Aug 22, 2014,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Whatever one is your lead will go onto a lug on the volume pot.

The rest would go to the back of the pot.

Are you using a schematic? They're available and might be a bit more clear for you. The P-94 one is just text but I'm sure a regular bucker schematic will work.

Sorry I'm a noob at this, My lead would be the white so that would go on the lug of the volume pot? and the other 3 would go directly on the back of the volume pot? Is this correct. And no I'm not using Schematics because it made no sense for my P94
Quote by nuttysandwich
Sorry I'm a noob at this, My lead would be the white so that would go on the lug of the volume pot? and the other 3 would go directly on the back of the volume pot? Is this correct. And no I'm not using Schematics because it made no sense for my P94

Yeah that's basically what you want to do.

What's your setup right now? 2 pickups, 2 vol and 2 tone or?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Yea 2 hum 2 vol 2 tone 3 way selector and changing bridge hum to p94
Hey guys I'm confused. I just looked at some pics, and the P94t is a two wire P90. If thats the case is just goes outer braid to earth (usually the volume pot) and hot to volume wiper or switch, depending on whether it is a two-vol or one-vol circuit.

If it is indeed a four or five wire pickup, you have to be careful which goes to live and which goes to earth, or you can end up with it out of phase with the other pickup.
Quote by Tony Done
Hey guys I'm confused. I just looked at some pics, and the P94t is a two wire P90. If thats the case is just goes outer braid to earth (usually the volume pot) and hot to volume wiper or switch, depending on whether it is a two-vol or one-vol circuit.

If it is indeed a four or five wire pickup, you have to be careful which goes to live and which goes to earth, or you can end up with it out of phase with the other pickup.

The P94 is a four wire pickup, I'm going to run the white lead to the volume pot lug and run the black, bare, and green to the back of the volume pot, unless you have another suggestion of how to wire it
Quote by nuttysandwich
The P94 is a four wire pickup, I'm going to run the white lead to the volume pot lug and run the black, bare, and green to the back of the volume pot, unless you have another suggestion of how to wire it

Apologies, I was mistaken, it isn't a simple series wiring. Here's the Gibson instruction sheet:

http://www.gibson.com/service/pupwiring.pdf

Note that with white to volume pot lug, it might be out of phase with the other pickup and sound thin in the middle switch position. In this case you have to reverse the black and white wires.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Thanks guy, your instructions worked perfectly. It's noob-friendly!
Quote by nuttysandwich
Thanks guy, your instructions worked perfectly. It's noob-friendly!

No problem. Glad it worked out for you.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster