I have a Jackson Kelly with a Floyd Rose bridge with 3 springs that are the same as in the picture. I don't understand how you are supposed to arrange these. I've seen ones with 2 springs or with all springs straight and all sorts of stuff. I've never owned a Floyd Rose until last year so I'm still learning about them. So how am I supposed to arrange them? I play mostly nu metal and death metal on it.

Any other tips on Floyd Roses would be good too. I know how to tune them for the most part but any tricks are welcome. Thanks.
Attachments:
tremolo-springs-angle.jpg
Last edited by Curtis321 at Aug 21, 2014,
It depends on your tuning really. If you're using a standard tuning (E standard, D standard, C standard, whatever), go with even spacing like in the picture. If you're using a drop tuning (drop D, drop C, drop B, whatever), then having two springs biased to the treble side can help to balance the trem.

Edit: As long as your trem balances and stays in tune, it doesn't really matter.
Quote by -MintSauce-
It depends on your tuning really. If you're using a standard tuning (E standard, D standard, C standard, whatever), go with even spacing like in the picture. If you're using a drop tuning (drop D, drop C, drop B, whatever), then having two springs biased to the treble side can help to balance the trem.

Edit: As long as your trem balances and stays in tune, it doesn't really matter.

I'm new to this like I said so I don't know exactly how to work the bridge. I knew I had to adjust the screws on the back as I tuned the guitar in order to level out the bridge but I believe there are two screws on the front of it that can be adjusted too. I play in drop c for almost everything on that guitar
The only two screws on the front that I can think of are the two mounting screws that form the pivot point for your Floyd, and you don't wanna mess with those unless the bridge height is not to your liking.