I'm looking good inexpensive analog delay or echo. Nothing fancy.
I know that some sound similar to the analog and are really not analog.
Thats what I dont wan't.

Digital effects are only good for doing what analog can't do.

EHX Memory Toy(Sounds great to me)
Or more money
Carbon copy
Malekko 616 Analog Delay

What to buy? What?

Is someone used memory toy?
Does it really make volume increase and how much?
I read that ehx memory toys have break down. Mrx carbon copy for that price is strongest.
For dub I will use a lot of switching on and off.

I don't have any effect pedals yet. Amplifier is micro cube. Only clean sounds are good but not right. I know I need to get better analog amp.
i love my 616. very versatile and good modulation if that is what you are seeking (which i don't always want) and it sound good with out it. or just as a typical delay usage any way you like it or go crazy.

i wouldn't entertain the cheaper EHX, the carbon copy will be fine, but i personally think the 616 is far better. but that is my opinion.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The Carbon Copy sounds great.

If I had to go out and buy an analog delay today, I'd be comparing the Way Huge Supa Puss and the EHX Deluxe Memory Boy. And probably get the Deluxe Memory Boy.

Delay without tap tempo is pretty useless/silly IMO. But lots of people seem to not need it, so YMMV.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by DeathSuperMario
I know that some sound similar to the analog and are really not analog.
Thats what I dont wan't.
Why?
Quote by DeathSuperMario
Digital effects are only good for doing what analog can't do.
While I agree most digital pedals sound fairly bad, a digital delay would give you a loooooooooot more options.
Also nobody has ever fitted an analog delay worth taking over a good digital delay in a guitar pedal for an acceptable price.

Among the cheap ones, I'd say the joyo analog delay, which I think is genuinely analog.
Among the expensive ones, a deep blue delay.
Among the digital ones, the belle epoche is the best sounding guitar pedal delay I've heard.
It sounds like a tape echo for ****'s sake.

Among the ones you listed I'd take the EHX 'cause it's cheaper and it doesn't sound much worse than the other ones to me.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Aug 21, 2014,
good delay can't get cheaper than ehx memory toy.
I like all three.
But whats the most break proof?
Digital delays don't have the character.
Just some numbers and bits.
Analog with digital helper are also not bad.
Last edited by DeathSuperMario at Aug 21, 2014,
Quote by DeathSuperMario
Digital delays don't have the character.
Bad digital delays don't have character.
Also bad analog delays don't have character.
Also both analog and digital bad stuff don't have character.

I'd say you should listen to high quality digital stuff.
The belle epoch for example.
Quote by DeathSuperMario
Just some numbers and bits.

Bit's are numbers, and good quality digital stuff sounds better than whatever guitar pedal I've ever heard of.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Maybe yes, but its harder to give character to fully digital. Cheap pedals are cheap. Digital or not they don't sound good.

Some people have bought electro Harmonix Memory Boy or delux man etc. and had get better one than memory toy tha is not brake or broken.
I think your argument against digital is flawed. Digital can sound great.

That being said, I have a carbon copy and really like it. Not necessarily better or worse than my digital delay or my tape-imitating digital delay, just different. It has its own sound that I can't completely replicate with the others.

So if you want analog, go for it. But don't let your reason be "digital is bad"

The carbon copy an melekko are both great pedals and you'll probably be happy with either.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i disagree. i was in that boat until i bought my TC flashback. it destroys just about anything on teh market under 200. and if it doesnt a competitive pedal may offer one sound. the flashback is basically a modeller, and the tone print is a total game changer.

i had a memory toy. its not a good pedal. dont buy it. it can pull off a decent analog tone but really, its a 1 trick pony and to me only sounded right set one specific perfect way. yes it had a volume bump which was anoying. the setting with no volume bump was unusable imo.

if you want an analog delay, carbon copy is good, aqua puss is good, mallekko is good. i personally think TC flashback does a better analog tone than both the carbon copy and mallekko. i did an A/B for about 30 min in guitar center with the carbon copy and on just about every setting i prefered the TC. thats just me.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Aug 21, 2014,
Came in to say "El Cap" but saw "inexpensive" so ..... exit, stage left.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ikey_
i disagree. i was in that boat until i bought my TC flashback. it destroys just about anything on teh market under 200.

if you want an analog delay, carbon copy is good, aqua puss is good, mallekko is good. i personally think TC flashback does a better analog tone than both the carbon copy and mallekko.

I respectfully disagree. I have a Flashback, a Line 6 M5 and a Malekko.

The Malekko has far and away the best sounding analogue repeats out of all of em. I prefer the digital delay of the M5. The Flashback is a good pedal but I couldnt help but feel a little disappointed when i bought mine
Malekkko and carbon copy if I want fully analog pedal.

So if I want tape sounding delay pedal.
What I need to look for ?
Belle Epoch
Danelectro has one(this thing sound too much digital.)
I think that analog filters make digital sound good or way better.
Quote by Cathbard
Came in to say "El Cap" but saw "inexpensive" so ..... exit, stage left.

Same, though I saw your post instead
The EHX boy/toy/deluxe boy are all unreliable. I wouldn't waste any money on them at all, no matter how desperate. I also would not buy a TC Flashback delay cause the switches go dead after awhile & TC charges ~$70 to fix them up, basically you get a full new circuit board with another crappy switch. The effect sounds good though.

For inexpensive analog delays there is the Malekko & MXR Carbon Copy. There is also the Visual Sound Garagetone Axle Grease Delay, but I can't remember if it's analog or not. Boss had a analog delay, DM2 I think. It's supposed to be reissued for about ~$150 so that would another option if you save up.

For a tape delay pedal you will need to look for one that uses actual tape inside it, this is considering you are going all authentic. It's a bit of a hassle to maintain it. Strymon makes it. Tape delays aren't inexpensive.

If you are looking at inexpensive digital delays then there are many to pick from, digitech digi delay, hardwire DL8, Boss DD7/DD3, etc.

Saving up for a new amp would be wiser than buying pedals now to run through the micro cube. Good luck
I need to find amps that is small and portabile like a micro cube and have more watts.
I also need headphones output. I think I need to build one. I need to get electronics for amp and make the cabinent case. I live In apartment with 3 family members and some weirdo. Two of them are kids. So I can't have big amp.

Visual Sound Garagetone Axle Grease Delay is analog with digital helper to get longer delay times. Case is sheet metal. Sounds great. I don't think that this thing is reliable.

If memory toy is unreliable I assume that other ehx nano pedals are too.
If i'm not wrong.
Last edited by DeathSuperMario at Aug 22, 2014,