There are a million different methods and I don't know which one to use, any suggestions? Thanks.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
2" of slack where?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead
2" of slack where?

At the guitar end.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
My preferred method is to replace the tuners with Grover lockers.

Have you read Jenny's thread on the subject?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Taz9
I thought this method was pretty standard. In fact, I took a whole class with a luthier on how to put strings and this was the method instructed.

Yeah I think it is. Works every time for me so I can't see any reason to try something else.
Here's mine:

Cut string about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" longer than the post (about to the next post up)

Bend a crimp in it about 3/8"from the end.

Put crimp in post hole and loop or wind one turn over the top of the post hole. Ensure that the crimp is properly seated in the hole

Wind the rest of the string on below the post.

This is for steel string, nylon are more complicated.
Really, there are a million different methods? Please, show me more than ten different methods. Hell if you can't wrap your head around stringing up a guitar then you might have a rough time learning how to actually play. Sorry, maybe im just bringing bad news but come on, if you can't string it, you probably shouldn't play it.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by PB26

does it matter if i have a strat? also, should i do this method instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfP3v-bxwE
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
It does not matter appart from the fact that the last 3 pegs on a LP are upside down.
Last edited by Taz9 at Aug 28, 2014,
Quote by bluestratplayer
Really, there are a million different methods? Please, show me more than ten different methods. Hell if you can't wrap your head around stringing up a guitar then you might have a rough time learning how to actually play. Sorry, maybe im just bringing bad news but come on, if you can't string it, you probably shouldn't play it.

Man, you're so badass.