I need some help figuring out how exactly to use a wah pedal when playing metal. I have a Zakk Wylde ZW-45 Wah running through a MXR ZW-44 Overdrive into a Marshall MG50. I really don't know how to incorporate the full effectiveness of my wah pedal in this setup? Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.
rock your foot
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well that a pretty good suggestion Dave if a person wants to sound like a something from the 60's. I mean, a technique to get more out of the wah than just the old wishy washy sound.
Just move your foot when you feel it sounds alright. Lock the wah in a position (as a filter, i.e. Sweet Child O Mine)...and that's pretty much it. Use it clean, with some other effect, try it before or after a certain stomp box.
Watch youtube videos.
Play.
Quote by gilhibbenkniv
well that a pretty good suggestion Dave if a person wants to sound like a something from the 60's. I mean, a technique to get more out of the wah than just the old wishy washy sound.

Ask a stupid question...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by gilhibbenkniv

i only ever sound like the 80s and that's what i do

you can set it in the middle position and leave it

or you can rock it to accentuate particular notes rather than rocking it all the time

i'm sure there are other things you can do too

i might not have the most sophisticated wah technique
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?