Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted anything here. In fact, the last time was probably around 2007ish. I used to love coming around and posting random stuff in the pit - often while I was sitting in the library at school. Anyway, I apologize that this doesn't have anything to do with music, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I have a YouTube channel under the name Philosearcher. I create gaming videos, some astronomy videos, and I'll be doing a lot more with art (tutorials and animations) in the upcoming weeks and months. Anyway, my subscriber count is abysmally low, at a standstill, and I rarely get views on my videos. I should also mention that I'm not a carbon copy of any other YouTubers. I try to be unique and play games that others haven't played as much.

If anyone is interested in helping out: I would very much appreciate if you could check out the channel, and let me know your opinions of my videos and the channel in general.

Sorry for bugging you guys with something like this, but I'm at a loss for where to go next.
astronomy forums, art and game forums?

Prolly find more people there.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
astronomy forums, art and game forums?

Prolly find more people there.

This is very true. I've posted in the Steam community forums. I'm just trying to reach out for any and all help. I was kind of hoping for multiple opinions from multiple angles. Thanks for the tip though.
Quote by StJimmy88
This is very true. I've posted in the Steam community forums. I'm just trying to reach out for any and all help. I was kind of hoping for multiple opinions from multiple angles. Thanks for the tip though.

np, I'm basically just regurgitating what I remember some of the bigger YTers doing anyway. Good luck with your channel.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Doing tutorials/guides is a pretty good idea. Lets plays are all fine and dandy but if you are just trying to start out you need to offer something to set you apart from everyone else.
Quote by LostLegion
I've subbed

Thank you, LostLegion. I appreciate it. I hope you enjoy the videos!

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Doing tutorials/guides is a pretty good idea. Lets plays are all fine and dandy but if you are just trying to start out you need to offer something to set you apart from everyone else.

I was just thinking yesterday of doing some drawing tutorials, like how to draw a face or a human body. I agree, too. So many people play games. Unless you have a very unique personality - gaming videos are just the same as the next guy.

Thanks!
Quote by StJimmy88
I was just thinking yesterday of doing some drawing tutorials, like how to draw a face or a human body. I agree, too. So many people play games. Unless you have a very unique personality - gaming videos are just the same as the next guy.

Thanks!

That's probably a pretty good idea. Focusing on doing tutorials or guides for games seems to be a better way to go about things rather than focusing on playthroughs if you want to go that route. Not that I know anything, my experience is doing really poor quality streams to 100 people max, heh.
I subbed! Now you better get famous so I can say I was one of your fist subscribers and that I watched you from the beginning
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Quote by Thrashtastic15
That's probably a pretty good idea. Focusing on doing tutorials or guides for games seems to be a better way to go about things rather than focusing on playthroughs if you want to go that route. Not that I know anything, my experience is doing really poor quality streams to 100 people max, heh.

That’s a nice number of followers though. My brother-in-law used to stream to a group of maybe 50ish at a time. So you’re doing good, do you stream regularly? I can follow you on Twitch or whichever platform you stream on and hop into your streams as often as I can.

Quote by snipelfritz
Holy crap!

Might be unsanitary even if it is religious.

Quote by songbird64
I subbed! Now you better get famous so I can say I was one of your fist subscribers and that I watched you from the beginning

Thank you so much. I am definitely going to try!
You've a Strongbad avatar as well, so I feel obligated to sub.

Good luck, will be looking forward to your content. I wish I had time to record gameplay and assorted other vids again
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by StJimmy88

Thanks!

Yeah, do that. It sounds much more interesting than "Let's Play (insert game)", no. 1million.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 23, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah, do that. It sounds much more interesting than "Let's Play (insert game)", no. 1million.

Agreed. Although it's fun to watch lp's, drawing tutorials are awesome
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."