So I've decided to invest some money into building a pedalboard, but the thing that I'm struggling with at the moment is which power supply to get. Currently i own a Line 6 ubermetal distortion (which, by the way, eats up batteries extremely fast), a tc electronic poly tune noir,a Boss RC-3 looper and a wah pedal (which I'll let run on batteries, since it's been almost a year and I still didn't need to change them). In future, I intend to get a compressor, delay and a flanger pedal.

I've heard that the go-to power supply is the voodoo lab PP2 , but unfortunately, I can't find one here in my country. So my options are the Mooer Micro Power, MXR M237 DC Brick and some T-Rex fueltank variants. Personally I'm leaning over to the Mooer Micro power, but I could use some more advice from someone who has more experience with these things.

Also, I've seen many people complaining about the "extra noise" that's appearing because of their power supplies... So any advice on how to avoid that would also be great.
None of those supplies are isolated like the pedal power 2.

The TRex fuel tank junior is isolated, but it only has 5 outputs. So you will be fine for a while but might need to get a second one when you get more pedals.

What country are you from? Just because someone here might know where to get a Pedal Power from.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Hey, thanks for the response, I'm from Slovenia. What do you mean by "isolated", I'm really not yet familiar with these things and terms.
The supplies that you have mentioned all have a common ground. This can allow some noise through.

A fully isolated supply is very basically where each output has its own transformer. Thus no noise.

Thomann ships to Slovenia. It's €25. But you can get the PP2 there.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
If you are looking at buying from Thomson, take a look at the Harley Benton power plant jr that it a clone of the T-Rex fuel tank jr and is cheaper.

If you want more isolated outputs the digitech hardwire V10 is worth a look too. It has 10 outputs, I have one and there is no buzzing at all.
Yeah, I think I'll go with the Voodoo Lab PP2+.

One more minor thing, might be a stupid question, but since this thing sends direct current to the pedals, what about the ones (Looking at the MXR pedals) that require AC adapters. Is it safe to plug those in and/or does the power supply perhaps transform AC to DC?
Quote by loki_lulamen
The TRex fuel tank junior is isolated, but it only has 5 outputs. So you will be fine for a while but might need to get a second one when you get more pedals.

The Fuel Tank Chameleon is isolated as well.

Quote by GiveMePain
One more minor thing, might be a stupid question, but since this thing sends direct current to the pedals, what about the ones (Looking at the MXR pedals) that require AC adapters. Is it safe to plug those in and/or does the power supply perhaps transform AC to DC?

You need a specific AC output on the power supply unit, like the 5th output on the Fuel Tank Chameleon.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Aug 25, 2014,
which MXR pedals are you talking about? Many of the MXR pedals use standard 9V DC, center negative PS
Quote by jamitfx
which MXR pedals are you talking about? Many of the MXR pedals use standard 9V DC, center negative PS

For example the Dyna Comp and the Micro Flanger. Now that I've bought the Dyna Comp, it says here in the instructions "...The adapter jack requires a 9V DC regulated AC adapter with 20mA minimum current..." So what does this mean now, DC or AC? Is it safe to power these things with these DC power supplies?
Anything that runs on batteries also runs DC. Here is the recommended adapter for a Dyna Comp:

http://www.samash.com/dunlop-ecb03-ac-adapter-for-dunlop-effect-pedals-decb03

9VDC
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY