Good evening next month im getting gibson sg im going to use to play black sabbath stuff and a littel hard rock i was going for the sg classic but im not sure if the p90 will do all the sabbath era and tony's solo albums (fused & iommi)

between the standard and the 61 reissue there is like 300$ from what I understand that the neck
and the pickups are different so what else ?

And which one u think is better for a black sabbath cover guitar

Thanks
please ignore my username
61 reissue has a bigger headstock, maybe slimmer neck and (used to be) the smaller pickguard. 57 classics too but I'm pretty sure the Standard has 57 classics now too so not even that.

P90s would be fine for sabbath, IIRC Tony's first SG had P90s. Mind you, I'd rather buckers.

Personally, I'd just get a used standard.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^ I haven't tried the '61 or the new standard, but yeah there used to be a lot more differences than there are now. I think they upped the price of the standard, too.

So
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
61 reissue has a bigger headstock, maybe slimmer neck and (used to be) the smaller pickguard. 57 classics too but I'm pretty sure the Standard has 57 classics now too so not even that.

P90s would be fine for sabbath, IIRC Tony's first SG had P90s. Mind you, I'd rather buckers.

Personally, I'd just get a used standard.

I know he used the classic with p90 before he went to Jaydee

The models I found are from different years 2014 2010 2006 and 1999
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
I know he used the classic with p90 before he went to Jaydee

The models I found are from different years 2014 2010 2006 and 1999

a 2014 61 RI and a 2014 Standard have little difference.

Try them out and see which you like better.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
a 2014 61 RI and a 2014 Standard have little difference.

Try them out and see which you like better.

There is no way for me to try them

ufortunately
yeah there's probably not much difference if they're both 2014. the older ones have more difference. also the newer the guitar is (everything else being equal, which it probably isn't) the better shape it's liable to be in.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah there's probably not much difference if they're both 2014. the older ones have more difference. also the newer the guitar is (everything else being equal, which it probably isn't) the better shape it's liable to be in.

After looking in gibson website I probably get a 2014 model 1200 $ is good
the 2014 standards have much of the same specs as the 61. thin neck and the small pickguard. older model standards tend to have the fatter neck and the larger pickguard. personally I prefer the 61 specs for SGs so that is a good thing as I kinda want a standard myself.
Quote by monwobobbo
the 2014 standards have much of the same specs as the 61. thin neck and the small pickguard. older model standards tend to have the fatter neck and the larger pickguard. personally I prefer the 61 specs for SGs so that is a good thing as I kinda want a standard myself.

i couldn't find some one whos selling it new so i have to for used

so the 57 Classic pick ups are good for sabbath stuff ?
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
i couldn't find some one whos selling it new so i have to for used

so the 57 Classic pick ups are good for sabbath stuff ?

what era are you talking about. tony's sound has changed over the years. for the older stuff they will work but I wouldn't call them ideal. also really depends on the rest of your setup.
Quote by monwobobbo
what era are you talking about. tony's sound has changed over the years. for the older stuff they will work but I wouldn't call them ideal. also really depends on the rest of your setup.

all the eras in general + tony's albums but focusing on hevan and hell

and with the guitar im getting a new tube amp (lanye)

is it worth it getting his signature pick up?
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
all the eras in general + tony's albums but focusing on hevan and hell

and with the guitar im getting a new tube amp (lanye)

is it worth it getting his signature pick up?

well they might work better than the 57s. tony's sound for Heaven and Hell is different than the old sound. he tuned to D for that to accommodate dio's vocal range. tony's sound can be tough to duplicate exactly don't forget you'll need a wha as he used one for that era. good luck getting his hammer on sound as his fake finger tips account for that.