I need to find reliable amp that is small and portabile like a micro cube what I already have. I need more watts. I also need headphones output. No build in effects, tuner, spring etc. Just 6-12w solid-state amplifer with gain, tone, EQ(It would be great to have it), headphone out and overdrive. Tube amp would be great but with lower price I don't get much watts. I also don't have much space in room.

I live In apartment with 3 family members and some weirdo. Two of them are kids. So I can't have big amp.

I need to buy better amp before I buy any guitar effect pedal. So My ekko 616 or carbon copy purchase have to wait. Marsahall carbon fiber series are not really real old school marshall. Vox small amps are digital like micro cube. I looked orange crush amps what looked real thing.

Micro cube don't sound great. Also can't handel my guitar with medium gauge strings with bridge pickup. Sounds like a 5 year old kid trying to lift twice her size stone.

Real solid state amps have better tone and sound than micro cube amplifier emulations. 300x300x300 is best cabient size what I can fit in room
400X400X400 I can also fit. I spend much as I can and is needed to get better one than micro cube. I don't care any band sound . I just like 60's- early 80's amplifier sounds. Emulation is very bad.
Last edited by DeathSuperMario at Aug 23, 2014,
Budget? Favorite bands with guitar tonal nirvana?
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
...my recomendations fall towards Orange microterror or even the BS Ht-5r, which is a pretty decent "practice amp" and the emulated output/headphone jack is great. The thing plays loud too.

best would be a dual terror but then your without the headphone option but more in "tube-territory"
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Real solid state amps have better tone and sound than micro cube amplifier emulations. 300x300x300 is best cabient size what I can fit in room
400X400X400 I can also fit. I spend much as I can and is needed to get better one than micro cube. I don't care any band sound . I just like 60's- early 80's amplifier sounds. Emulation is very bad.

For amp head I need cabinet too. I think that combo is better and cheaper solution.
Last edited by DeathSuperMario at Aug 23, 2014,
The vox AC4TV may do the job.
Also a cube 20gx or 40gx maybe.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Yeah I agree the Vox AC4c1 would be my choice if you can swing the money

Also look at the newer Ampeg GVT5-110, Marshall Class5

You may do well with a Line6 POD HD since you need it to be quiet and as small as possible
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd get a Pod HD. It'll be the best sounding, quiet solution with headphone out.

You should really tell us your maximum budget and what country your from so we can help you properly though.
[404]Signature not found
i have a blackstar metal ht1 i enjoy very much. doesnt get very loud. pretty solid.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I live in Estonia. Vox AC4 would be great but it don't have headphone output.
Price is also too much. I would like to spend maximum 160€
Last edited by DeathSuperMario at Aug 24, 2014,
If you want Fender clean tone, Super Champ X2 is an option. Ch 1 is all tube Fender tone and takes pedals well. It is pretty close to a Fender Princeton for 1/3 the price. Ch 2 has digital amp sims but just ignore them if you don't want those sounds.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by DeathSuperMario
I need to find reliable amp that is small and portabile like a micro cube what I already have. I need more watts. I also need headphones output. No build in effects, tuner, spring etc. Just 6-12w solid-state amplifer with gain, tone, EQ(It would be great to have it), headphone out and overdrive.

if the vox pathfinder had a headphone out i'd say that.

tough to find what you are looking for without built in effects or modeling technology.

maybe a Vox VT20 and just don't use the effects?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
...just don't use the effects?

I do wanna use effect. Just not built in effects.
Quote by DeathSuperMario
I do wanna use effect. Just not built in effects.

Well don't use the built in FX

use your own FX and you'll be fine. Your budget is kinda hard to work with with what you want. The Vox VT20+ would do you pretty good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Might help if you posted a few amps available to you at your price and let people comment on them. No idea what kind of used market you have, or what stores work for you.
Best solution is online buying.
Many music stores in estonia sells cheap or over hyped staff. Only some good things.
I need to find what is good solution and then what and how to get it.

Vox Pathfinder
Orange Crush
Fender Champion
Laney LX
Laney LG
Need to find is there somthing more?
Whats good?
Last edited by DeathSuperMario at Aug 24, 2014,