My first ever NGD post despite not being the first guitar I ever bought

Been looking for an epi les paul custom for a while now. Was thinking of grabbing the white one, then decided to go secondhand and decided to get a black one. Then I bumped into this on ebay...which I manage to nab for £165
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag396/Arron_Zacx/DSC_0016_zps6c0ce115.jpg
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag396/Arron_Zacx/DSC_0018_zps41f5c6e2.jpg
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag396/Arron_Zacx/DSC_0019_zpse7806532.jpg
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag396/Arron_Zacx/DSC_0017_zpsd3d67e9a.jpg
Btw, is it just me or does les paul's look flat/thin in pics but when holding one they're surprisingly thick. I thought it might be just the model but after taking the pic, it doesn't look as thick in the pic as it does real life

Whoever the previous owner, it appeared he wasn't much of a guitar player. Had to set up the guitar from scratch to my preference. Raised the bridge a bit to remove fret buzz, adjusted pick-up heights (neck one was original lowered to the point it was depressed) and slapped on some daddario 10s. Plays great and has that crunchy tone you'd expect from a les paul. Hopefully it stays this way and this'll be a keeper.

Sadly I don't have my practice amp with me to really blast out but I've got a voxamp+speakers which works well in the mean time. Other than the fact I'm trying to get use to non-extra jumbo frets again, I'm really enjoying my new toy. Hopefully now I'll be motivated enough to really learn a lot more full songs

P.S anyone wants to buy my LTD Viper 330 off of me?
Last edited by Arron_Zacx at Aug 22, 2014,
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice one.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Arron_Zacx
My first ever NGD post despite not being the first guitar I ever bought

Been looking for an epi les paul custom for a while now. Was thinking of grabbing the white one, then decided to go secondhand and decided to get a black one. Then I bumped into this on ebay...which I manage to nab for £165

Btw, is it just me or does les paul's look flat/thin in pics but when holding one they're surprisingly thick. I thought it might be just the model but after taking the pic, it doesn't look as thick in the pic as it does real life

Whoever the previous owner, it appeared he wasn't much of a guitar player. Had to set up the guitar from scratch to my preference. Raised the bridge a bit to remove fret buzz, adjusted pick-up heights (neck one was original lowered to the point it was depressed) and slapped on some daddario 10s. Plays great and has that crunchy tone you'd expect from a les paul. Hopefully it stays this way and this'll be a keeper.

Sadly I don't have my practice amp with me to really blast out but I've got a voxamp+speakers which works well in the mean time. Other than the fact I'm trying to get use to non-extra jumbo frets again, I'm really enjoying my new toy. Hopefully now I'll be motivated enough to really learn a lot more full songs

P.S anyone wants to buy my LTD Viper 330 off of me?

Sweet!

Niiiiice Epi man. Bet it plays pretty nice!

HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
HNGD! Gratz on that classy epi
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25