...are you sleepy or tired?

Let me elaborate, for those interested:

When I go to bed at night, it's generally because my body has a need for sleep (you don't say?). I used to lie awake for hours and not sleep well, but luckily that has changed when I finished uni and started working a proper job. My sleep cycles have improved because I now have a fixed routine and my body naturally begins feeling sleepy. This is generally between 10.30 and 11.30 pm. However, this feels more like routine than anything else.

Occasionally, there are also days when I'm genuinely tired because I had a very long/busy day at work or because I was travelling or busy with other stuff all day long. I end up going to sleep when I feel like it (usually earlier than normal), and not at a fixed time. I've found that this is the best way to go bed, because it feels like my day was actually useful. I'm tired because I've done something. These are the days that I like best.

So I ask again, do you go to bed sleepy or tired?
Or do you sleep in another way, or even not at all/very badly?
I only go to bed now when I can't stay awake anymore. It's futile to lie down any other time, because I know I won't go to sleep for another 2 hours.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I just go to bed when I feel like it. Then go on the internet/wank/maybe read until I feel tired enough to try get some sleep.
Quote by LostLegion
I just go to bed when I feel like it. Then go on the internet/wank/maybe read until I feel tired enough to try get some sleep.

yup.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I can sleep whenever I feel like it and I can stay awake even when physically exhausted. So I go to bed a certain number of hours before I know I have to wake up. If I have extra time to sleep then of course I'll take advantage of it.
cat
I have very bad sleep hygiene. I go to bed at least an hour before I plan on sleeping because I don't really get tired sitting upright in a chair or on the sofa. Then I watch TV or play with my cellphone or whatever until my eyes won't stay open anymore.
I'm rarely very tired when I go to sleep, I just like going to bed and waking up at around the same time everyday.

Don't much enjoy the night. Even though I do the same things at night as I do during the day, I just prefer daytime. I like keeping my window open (really just the blinds for natural light, not the window itself because lol bugs and heat).
I'm a morning person too, so I tend to go to bed around 11:30 and wake up at 7, though recently it's been more like 6 - 6:30.
in one pole, my body is usually exhausted so i sleep when i feel like i need to rest my head. i can't always sleep immediately but just resting in a sort of twilight is okay for the first hour or so. usually get up earlier to continue that twilight type sleep.

in the other pole, my body gets exhausted like normal but my head ignores it until it can't possibly keep me moving. i'll sleep maybe 3-4 hours a night, sometimes not at all. cat naps are common but unpredictable. i typically have racing thoughts when i try to sleep. when these subside i might fall asleep and i might wake up again to think about dinosaurs or whatever.

poles switch every 2 or 3 months with mixed episodes sprinkled liberally all about.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I keep a diary of all my sleeping/dreaming habits.

Since I have nothing to get up for I go to bed whenever I want but usually on the scale of tiredness I will go to bed when I am 7 or 8 out of 10 in terms of tiredness.

And on average I sleep for around 10-12 hours each night.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
I keep a diary of all my sleeping/dreaming habits.

Lucid dreamer detected.
Quote by Eastwinn
in one pole, my body is usually exhausted so i sleep when i feel like i need to rest my head. i can't always sleep immediately but just resting in a sort of twilight is okay for the first hour or so. usually get up earlier to continue that twilight type sleep.

in the other pole, my body gets exhausted like normal but my head ignores it until it can't possibly keep me moving. i'll sleep maybe 3-4 hours a night, sometimes not at all. cat naps are common but unpredictable. i typically have racing thoughts when i try to sleep. when these subside i might fall asleep and i might wake up again to think about dinosaurs or whatever.

poles switch every 2 or 3 months with mixed episodes sprinkled liberally all about.

what are these poles?
Quote by Ssargentslayer
what are these poles?

He means the polarity of his mind
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I fall asleep incredibly easy. Tired or not tired. Usually within 10 mins or so.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
I usually go to bed just because I have to work in the morning.
Jimmy cracked corn and I did care.
i go to bed when i'm tired and i can usually get to sleep pretty wuick but if i'm not tired i'll browse the internet in bed until i am
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Does this have to do with bi-polar?

yes sir.
I am actually very tired when I go to bed, I'm amazed at people who can stay up for a few days without sleeping (I know that's bad). In summer time I actually go to bed feeling sleepy and I watch Youtube for like 2 hours. Yeah, It depends
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
I go to sleep around 5pm, and wake up around 11:15pm. I work night shift, so I don't sleep at night. I'm definitely tired when I go to sleep.
I have trouble sleeping and frequently have anxiety attacks when trying to fall asleep. I've also been known to suffer from sleep paralysis.

Sleep is not something I enjoy attempting, but I hate being awake just as much.
ayy lmao
Quote by Eastwinn
yes sir.

My girlfriend is bi polar. What should I be doing to make her life easier
Quote by Ssargentslayer
My girlfriend is bi polar. What should I be doing to make her life easier

the only general advice i can give is to be patient and listen.

it's frustrating, as a person with a sort of esoteric mental illness, to have people act before trying to understand a novel issue complexly. a bipolar person may cause trouble in a relationship for tons of crazy reasons you'd probably never expect. understanding her motivations and intentions will be occasionally be difficult because she's capable of thinking in comparatively strange ways. no doubt you can understand them, so you must exercise patience while you try to construct the big picture in your head accurately. acting hastily in conflict may lead you to sever proper, earnest communication unnecessarily. to keep with the big picture analogy, when you two aren't getting along perfectly, sometimes a monet won't do. you need the resolution, focus, and balance of a hopper to truly see things clearly.

listening is a basic decency you extend to everybody you value (or at least i hope you do) but the less neurotypical among us often have a lot to say but no one who will listen. dealing with disorders requires an intense amount of introspection and paradoxically this is best done with another person. while you can't and shouldn't ever try to be her therapist, the next best thing you can do is be someone who will always listen. if she's dropping some deep shit and you're not sure what to say, don't get discouraged or overwhelmed. instead, ensure her that you're listening and repeat things back occasionally to confirm that you do in fact understand what she's saying. this sort of empathy bears a strong companionship that many people, mentally healthy or not, don't have.

i think that's the best i got.
Quote by chookiecookie

Sleep is not something I enjoy attempting, but I hate being awake just as much.

Yessssssssss

I hate it cause of all those thoughts of silence that keep me from going back to sleep at night
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by pawnluv
I fall asleep incredibly easy. Tired or not tired. Usually within 10 mins or so.

If I could have one and only one superpower, this would be it.