$600.00 is very reasonable for a USA made Telecaster , especially from that era.
while there may be cheaper teles out there, that one looks in very nice condition.

stores would ask more than that for it. if it plays nice and you like it, grab it and don't look back.
Its looks to be in such good condition, $600 looks like a great deal. Love the blondes!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I got myself a new telly for £300 just before the World Cup started. 50" and 1080p too.

*Grabs coat and runs away*
I paid $600 for my 2003 Olympic White USA Tele several years ago. It is now my #1 guitar. I went and played it, the guitar was in great shape, played and sounded great. Done! When you find a good one, get it. So many used guitars just get thrashed or modded into worthlessness. I appreciate when a good player takes care of his axe.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY