after searching for a few months i finally found what i been looking for and thanks to a fellow UGer for holding it for me for a couple weeks and after a 6 hour road trip this Randall RM100 combo has found a new home

it came with a XTC,KH-2 and Recto modules and this thing is truly a "beast in a box"

for the music i play i couldnt be happier,and to my surprise with volume down on guitar it will do cleans pretty good(compared to my 6505+ and Windsor)

it has more bells a whistles than anything ive ever had so got a lot to learn with multiple fx loops and midi stuff(im more old school)

dont have a footswitch/controller so need some advise on a budget minded pedal

sorry for the poor quality pic
Attachments:
10561546_10202764299931398_8905018382235841186_n.jpg
Randall RM100(Recto/KH-2/XTC)
Peavey 5150 212
Peavey 6505+112(head)
Peavey VTM 120
Peavey Windsor
Crate GX-130C
Randall RG100ES
Randall RH300G3
Randall RX120RH
POD HD500
Nice amp I love mine and your best bet on the channel
pedal is eBay. How's the xtc module been wanting one
of those?
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
HNAD!!!

I've always wanted to try one of those out, but they are really hard to find in the UK.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
HNAD!

Cathbard and a few others here have given me GAS for an RM for months now...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by RJH11
How's the xtc module been wanting one
of those?

what little time iv'e messed with it the XTC sounds almost like the Recto but not as muddy...but that's been at low volumes...planning on jamming tonight with some friends so ill get to hear it cranked up and know more
Peavey 5150 212
Peavey 6505+112(head)
Peavey VTM 120
Peavey Windsor
Crate GX-130C
Randall RG100ES
Randall RH300G3
Randall RX120RH
POD HD500
Glad you like it dude, I'll have to change my signature. You'll find that the recto clears up a lot at higher volumes, definitely my favorite of the three modules.

HNAD
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Hnad!
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
sweet they're pretty awesome

Quote by teamscorpions

it came with a XTC,KH-2 and Recto modules and this thing is truly a "beast in a box"

did you buy it from a jazz player?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet they're pretty awesome

did you buy it from a jazz player?

You know it dude, can't get me enough George Benson. Nothing says Jazz like blistering hot riffage!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Been wanting one of these for ages now, they don't seem to be available as easily over in the UK!

Would love one though!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Welcome to the horde.
Now get ready for module GAS
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=modifications
http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/mts-mods.html

As for footswitches, what you need is a simple MIDI controller. Try to find an old Boss FC-50 on ebay/CL. They can be had really cheap and will do the trick perfectly well.

HNAD

And trust me on this: buy a decent trolley/dolly/handcart. You're gonna need it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 23, 2014,
HNRMD!
Quote by teamscorpions
what little time iv'e messed with it the XTC sounds almost like the Recto but not as muddy...but that's been at low volumes...planning on jamming tonight with some friends so ill get to hear it cranked up and know more

the recto sounds better with a tubescreamer in front of it. just like a real recto.
Nice man!

My next head is gonna be an RM, I;m just holding out to find one.

Have fun!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
RM100 for sale on Toledo Ohio's craigslist good
friend of mines setup. PM me if interested and I'll
set you up.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
thanks guys!!...after having it at "gig volume" tonight im really digging the Recto module...it came to life when it's cranked up...and thanks for the pedal info and links(now ill be listening to module demos all night)
Peavey 5150 212
Peavey 6505+112(head)
Peavey VTM 120
Peavey Windsor
Crate GX-130C
Randall RG100ES
Randall RH300G3
Randall RX120RH
POD HD500
You know that you can run just about any octal power tube don't you? If you wanted to you could run two 6V6's and drop it down to about 20W. And they're the easiest amp to bias this side of a non-adjustable one. Any idiot could do it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
didn't know about using different type tubes...but seen all the trick bias stuff on the back (dont know how to use any of that yet but later down the road)...i use to normal fx loops(when theirs only one) now i got to learn whats up with this series/parallel loops
Peavey 5150 212
Peavey 6505+112(head)
Peavey VTM 120
Peavey Windsor
Crate GX-130C
Randall RG100ES
Randall RH300G3
Randall RX120RH
POD HD500
It's all explained in the manual. Easy peasy. You don't need to buy matched sets with an RM either. You can throw anything in anywhere, bias it up and off ya go.

Edit: If you want to run two, they are inner and outer pairs. Don't forget to switch the output impedance down one notch.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 24, 2014,
I have found someone selling a Lynchbox...for 2k€. My wallet already hates me... So I just hope noone buys it till I do
Quote by dementiacaptain
You know it dude, can't get me enough George Benson. Nothing says Jazz like blistering hot riffage!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNRMD! If you want a clean module the Blackface is impressively glassy and full sounding.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
how much are the modules for these things ?? .... there is a 2x12 combo for sale locally for 400.00 with no modules .... is that a good deal ??

BTW ... HNAD !!
Not really that great of a deal and modules stock are 100 to 275 on eBay
Custom modules 300 to 500+. And my modded blackface
is so close to a twin if you blind tested it you'd be hard pressed to tell
the difference. Snagged my RM100 loaded up 500 shop around there's
deals to be had.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Last edited by RJH11 at Aug 24, 2014,
Quote by Deledhel
I have found someone selling a Lynchbox...for 2k€. My wallet already hates me... So I just hope noone buys it till I do

Does it have the Super V module? The head I use a lot is a George Lynch one, I just plug my modules into it. Tbh, the Super V is the only module in it that I like, it's a hotrodded Vox module.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

We may need to rename this forum Guitar Gear and Randall Modular Amps.

LOL
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?