Pedaltrain Junior

(Invalid img)

Planetwaves pedal station cable kit

visualsound 1spot

lol

Obviously you can add a power supply, but that is more expensive
You have a Klon but not an isolated power supply? Dafuq
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You have a Klon but not an isolated power supply? Dafuq

is not my setup, is the first pic I found online

if you look at the picture again, you will see, it actually has an IPS attached below the board

obviously, if you have pedals like that, you would need an IPS, but if you are starting out with a pedal board, you don't need those monster supplies

also, i keep reading these reviews that say they go bad after a few months, i read them on guitar center, musicianfriends, sweet water, can't be coincidence, they expensive as hell too
Last edited by lalopunk at Aug 23, 2014,
Quote by lalopunk
is not my setup, is the first pic I found online

obviously, if you have pedals like that, you would need an isolated power supply, but if you are starting out with a pedal board, you don't need those monster supplies

also, i keep reading these reviews that say they go bad after a few months, i read them on guitar center, musicianfriends, sweet water, can't be coincidence, they expensive as hell too

Don't know what reviews you're reading or on which supply. I've had a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ for three years and I've never had a problem (knock on wood). The only time it's not unplugged is on the way to practice or a gig. Otherwise it's on my bedroom floor plugged in.

An isolated power supply is a one time investment, and the smartest one you'll make. I've heard of one spots going out, but never a Voodoo Labs, plus, no one knows the future, but most players I know go through phases of having eight pedals and then having two and then six etc etc. It's better to have isolated power for them every time One spots are noisy when you go above 4-ish pedals.
Quote by mjones1992
Don't know what reviews you're reading or on which supply. I've had a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ for three years and I've never had a problem (knock on wood). The only time it's not unplugged is on the way to practice or a gig. Otherwise it's on my bedroom floor plugged in.

An isolated power supply is a one time investment, and the smartest one you'll make. I've heard of one spots going out, but never a Voodoo Labs, plus, no one knows the future, but most players I know go through phases of having eight pedals and then having two and then six etc etc. It's better to have isolated power for them every time One spots are noisy when you go above 4-ish pedals.

musicianfriends, guitar center, a few people commenting on how they go bad after a few months, that kind of scared me away of trying voodoo labs, imagine spending 100-150 on that, and then having it go bad after a few months. I only have 4 pedals and 1 wah wah, so the 1 spot does fine for me. I only play in my room anyway lol
Quote by lalopunk
musicianfriends, guitar center, a few people commenting on how they go bad after a few months, that kind of scared me away of trying voodoo labs, imagine spending 100-150 on that, and then having it go bad after a few months. I only have 4 pedals and 1 wah wah, so the 1 spot does fine for me. I only play in my room anyway lol

I found one guy complaining about breaking his connectors and then being too dumb to find the replacement connectors that they do, in fact, sell.

Then there was one guy who got a bad egg (apparently). That's 1 guy out of reviews on three sites (GC, Musiciansfriend, and sweetwater).

Both of those bad reviews were on musiciansfriend... I'm usually very weary about trusting their reviews. This is the same website that accepts reviews from old men that rate a polytune mini at 1/5 stars because their old eyes (that probably couldn't see a ****ing elephant crossing the road) couldn't read the display. Give me a break...

Anyway, I can see why you wouldn't need one. It's not like you HAVE to have one, but it's a good investment if you plan on expanding or recording any time in the future.

EDIT: I was going to link the polytune mini reviews because they're so ridiculous, but apparently musiciansfriend doesn't sell them anymore lol
Last edited by mjones1992 at Aug 23, 2014,
Quote by mjones1992
I found one guy complaining about breaking his connectors and then being too dumb to find the replacement connectors that they do, in fact, sell.

Then there was one guy who got a bad egg (apparently). That's 1 guy out of reviews on three sites (GC, Musiciansfriend, and sweetwater).

Both of those bad reviews were on musiciansfriend... I'm usually very weary about trusting their reviews. This is the same website that accepts reviews from old men that rate a polytune mini at 1/5 stars because their old eyes (that probably couldn't see a ****ing elephant crossing the road) couldn't read the display. Give me a break...

Anyway, I can see why you wouldn't need one. It's not like you HAVE to have one, but it's a good investment if you plan on expanding or recording any time in the future.

EDIT: I was going to link the polytune mini reviews because they're so ridiculous, but apparently musiciansfriend doesn't sell them anymore lol

yeah, i just read some guy who posted that his power supply is working after 5 years

so, yeah I guess is a good investment, though it seems not to work well with wah wah, and the pedaltrain forces you to mount the supply on the center, so what if you wanna put your wah on the pedalboard, you would get hum noise

I dislike that, I would like to keep my pedalboard as neat as possible with the wah on it, instead of having it on the floor, and that power supply interferes with the wah, i read some guy who drilled a big hole, so he could mount the power supply more to the left instead of center, so it wouldn't interfere with the wah
Last edited by lalopunk at Aug 23, 2014,
Quote by lalopunk
yeah, i just read some guy who posted that his power supply is working after 5 years

so, yeah I guess is a good investment, though it seems not to work well with wah wah, and the pedaltrain forces you to mount the supply on the center, so what if you wanna put your wah on the pedalboard, you would get hum noise

I dislike that, I would like to keep my pedalboard as neat as possible with the wah on it, instead of having it on the floor, and that power supply interferes with the wah, i read some guy who drilled a big hole, so he could mount the power supply more to the left instead of center, so it wouldn't interfere with the wah

Yeah, I've never had problems with my wah. I mean, I think it depends on the wah or something. It could also have nothing to do with the power supply itself. I mean, the power supply is in a shielded enclosure. It shouldn't get interference from the wah (not to mention the wah isn't some magical device. It's in a shielded enclosure as well..).

I think it's more likely that his wah isn't true-bypass and the signal is bleeding over to the next pedal in his chain. I had a wah awhile back that used an FET to bypass it (no idea how that worked), and it made my other pedals sound like shit. I now have a Jam Wahko Plus. No problems whatsoever.

You can mount it anywhere, it's just that if you buy the pedaltrain-1 or 2 (they're supposed to go together), you have to mount it dead center to line up with the holes. I'm thinking of seeing if someone wants to buy my pedaltrain-1 and just building one, but I want to get all my pedals built first. I'm having trouble deciding on modulation.

Another option is that the Pedal Power 2+ has a courtesy outlet on it so you can plug a power strip into it (and subsequently mount it on your board if you're into that sort of thing). You could always plug your wah into that and it might clear up the issue.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Aug 23, 2014,
Em...sorry if this sounds rude but....what is the point of this thread?

I don't get it either..