Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me how the effect on the bass in this song is created
Lacuna Coil I burn in you
Its a sort of clicking sound. Is that the way he's picking/bass tone or an effect?

Thanks
Quote by sp8600
Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me how the effect on the bass in this song is created
Lacuna Coil I burn in you
Its a sort of clicking sound. Is that the way he's picking/bass tone or an effect?

He may not be playing bass at all -- aren't all three of them playing baritone guitars these days?
The "clicking" sound you hear is not the bassist. It is either the drummer or one of the guitars. Zelati's bass rig is remarkably simple for bassists these days: an Ibanez Prestige SR3000 5-string into an SVT-2 PRO or a GK 1001RB with GK 4x12" cabinets. He seems to go for a very straightforward bass tone.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thanks, out of interest if it was the guitars what would create that effect?
If it is the guitar, then it is a simple result of the pick and the "chug chug" heavily distorted, palm-muted playing that is everywhere in "modern" heavy metal music. A great many guitarists use this method when playing rhythm parts. Just crank the gain to extreme levels, mute the strings with your palm, and use a hard pick attack. That is all there is to it. If it is the drummer, he is probably hitting the rim of one of his drums with the stick.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I'm pretty sure the clicking sound is the bass. Reminds me of Korn's Fieldy's tone - a lot of highs and bass, little middle. And Fieldy also uses a 5 string Ibanez.