heroin
34 38%
marijuana
39 44%
something else?
16 18%
Voters: 89.
Page 1 of 2
when hear "dope" what drug do you think of first?

note: this is not a drug thread, just a curiosity
i don't know why i feel so dry
Usually weed, mostly because of Dopesmoker

Edit: that or some sick beats
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I normally hear it in the context of 'dope-ass track' or something.

When referring to a drug I think marijuana first simply because that's what everyone I know uses it that way. People I know who actually use marijuana do not call it dope.
the names u kids come up with is 2 crazy

just lay back and toke some reefer and get far out man
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan

I only ever hear old, anti-drug people use 'dope' to refer to drugs.
Quote by slipknot5678
People I know who actually use marijuana do not call it dope.

Same here. It's such a noob term.
Quote by StewieSwan

I Facebook liked this post
Quote by slipknot5678

what state do you live in, if you don't mind
sportsmen using illegal substances
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Usually heroin because it's becoming a big problem around here.

Calling weed "dope" is only acceptable on Trailer Park Boys.
OT When I hear it, my first thought is marijuana, but I never hear it because nobody says dope anymore.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by slipknot5678

doing dope is a slippery slope stay in school and you'll b cool
Quote by Dreadnought
Heroine

Heroines are pretty dope, that's true.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by So-Cal
doing dope is a slippery slope stay in school and you'll b cool

I have heard it used as heroin too, but because of my family and people that so cal is referring to, my first reaction is still marijuana when referring to drugs.
Quote by Dimarzio45
Same here. It's such a noob term.

Weed noobs are a thing now? **** me

"haha you've only just started using drugs, what a loser"
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Heroin, because that is what dope is.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by slipknot5678
I have heard it used as heroin too, but because of my family and people that so cal is referring to, my first reaction is still marijuana when referring to drugs.

seriously though don't do drugs and stay in school
Quote by Trowzaa
Weed noobs are a thing now? **** me

"haha you've only just started using drugs, what a loser"

There's a difference between being tony Montana and a person who took a hit of a joint at a party once
Quote by slipknot5678
Arizona.

isn't arizona one of those states plagued by meth?
Quote by Eastwinn
isn't arizona one of those states plagued by meth?

Yes it is.

But most of the people I'm around do not have exposure to it (lol ask Nelshizzle about where I live), and because I'm still around my parents most of the time I hear it used to mean 'marijuana'.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 23, 2014,
I'm still waiting for dope to be acceptable to use here and join the other Americanisms like 'sick' and 'sweet'. I use 'sweet' often, but 'dope' hasn't properly set in.

and heroin I guess
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Heroin but you can usually tell when someone means weed
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by slipknot5678
Yes it is.

But most of the people I'm around do not have exposure to it (lol ask Nelshizzle about where I live), and because I'm still around my parents most of the time I hear it used to mean 'marijuana'.

i feel like the states that got hit the worst by meth have a much different 'hard drug culture' if you know what i mean. just like the cities with drug problems that never got hit by the crack epidemic have a different sort of climate.
^You are correct. When I lived in NYC doing coke was taboo, but in Arizona, it's the drug of choice amongst people.

Quote by slipknot5678
Yes it is.

There's a lot of meth out here. I worked for an apt complex as a leasing agent and my bosses daughter died from a meth overdose. She was 16.

I knew a big time methhead at my other job. He would always come to work all fuccked up, playing invisible guitar solos, and yelling at people. He'd always think I was talking shit about him until I got in his face and told him to calm the fucck down and that I wasn't talking shit about him.

If you see a guy without a shirt, and his girlfriend looks like shes 80 years old. It's a 25 year old couple addicted to meth.

Circle K meth stops.

My friend told me it's like feeling like superman and that no one can get in your way. Fucck that shit.

ps: the reason i ask is because i think it's strange how we say "that's dope" in a positive manner despite generally finding heroin to be an atrocious disease of humanity. i'm sure there are sensible reasons but tracking down slang isn't really my strong point. but before i thought about it anymore i thought i'd poll you all and make sure it isn't just a DC - Baltimore thing cause you know we have a love-hate relationship with heroin.

this will be a double post and i am deeply sorry.
edit: sike
I honestly most associate it with blood doping.

Or as a generic term for drugs.
My God, it's full of stars!
dope
dōp/Submit
noun
informal
a drug taken illegally for recreational purposes, especially marijuana or heroin.
synonyms: (illegal) drugs, narcotics; More
a drug given to a racehorse or greyhound to inhibit or enhance its performance.
a drug taken by an athlete to improve performance.
"he failed a dope test"
informal
a stupid person.
"though he wasn't an intellectual giant, he was no dope, either"
informal
information about a subject, especially if not generally known.
"our reviewer will give you the dope on hot spots around the town"
a varnish applied to the fabric surface of model aircraft to strengthen them and keep them airtight.
a thick liquid used as a lubricant.
verb
verb: dope; 3rd person present: dopes; past tense: doped; past participle: doped; gerund or present participle: doping
administer drugs to (a racehorse, greyhound, or athlete) in order to inhibit or enhance sporting performance.
"the horse was doped before the race"
synonyms: drug, administer drugs/narcotics to, tamper with, interfere with; sedate
"the horse was doped"
informal
be heavily under the influence of drugs, typically illegal ones.
"he was so doped up that he can't remember a thing"
treat (food or drink) with drugs.
"maybe they had doped her Perrier"
synonyms: add drugs to, tamper with, adulterate, contaminate, lace; More
informaldated
regularly take illegal drugs.
smear or cover with varnish or other thick liquid.
"she doped the surface with photographic emulsion"
ELECTRONICS
add an impurity to (a semiconductor) to produce a desired electrical characteristic.
adjectiveinformal
adjective: dope
very good.
"that suit is dope!"

lolololol

Quote by Nelshizzle
^You are correct. When I lived in NYC doing coke was taboo, but in Arizona, it's the drug of choice amongst people.

There's a lot of meth out here. I worked for an apt complex as a leasing agent and my bosses daughter died from a meth overdose. She was 16.

I knew a big time methhead at my other job. He would always come to work all fuccked up, playing invisible guitar solos, and yelling at people. He'd always think I was talking shit about him until I got in his face and told him to calm the fucck down and that I wasn't talking shit about him.

If you see a guy without a shirt, and his girlfriend looks like shes 80 years old. It's a 25 year old couple addicted to meth.

Circle K meth stops.

My friend told me it's like feeling like superman and that no one can get in your way. Fucck that shit.

Oh yeah, I'm aware of it, even if I haven't seen much of it here. I'm not qualified to speak on it as it applies to our city but I have been around meth addicts (most notably relatives in Corpus Christi, one of which who just got out of prison) and they are ****ed up. At least they're not dead though.

That's really sad, about the 16 year old.

Quote by Eastwinn
ps: the reason i ask is because i think it's strange how we say "that's dope" in a positive manner despite generally finding heroin to be an atrocious disease of humanity. i'm sure there are sensible reasons but tracking down slang isn't really my strong point. but before i thought about it anymore i thought i'd poll you all and make sure it isn't just a DC - Baltimore thing cause you know we have a love-hate relationship with heroin.

this will be a double post and i am deeply sorry.
edit: sike

I do not commonly use the phrase 'that's dope', but it's still something I never thought about like that. I probably should.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 23, 2014,
I remember one climbed out of a dumpster at a circle k on oracle and glenn at 3am while I was pumping gas. I stopped pumping gas, paid the amount, hastily got into my car while this fuccked up asshole walked right up to my car. I speed off into the street and got away.

My life is so weird...

I don't really associate any specific drug with it. The only times I hear the word 'dope' being used is when someone is making a joke about drugs.
Page 1 of 2