Hello,

I was wandering whether I should buy myself a booster or an overdrive pedal.
I already have a Big muff pedal but to play stuff like ACDC/classic rock I'm looking for a less sharp pedal.

I mainly play on a small 15 Watt amp in my room. I heard boosters produce a more natural sound than overdrive pedals on a tube amp. Because I only play on small amps I thought an overdrive pedal would be better because booster will only make the sound louder but it won't go into overdrive?

Steven
If you want to play fairly quietly, then I think that clean plus overdrive pedal would be the way to go - it is what I do because I only play at acoustic guitar volumes. Thereis a lot of choice in ODs, in a wide range of prices, I happen to like the Boss SD-1, The Digitech Bad Monkey and the Sansamp British in their Character series. That last one has a big range of tones and the knobs also have a wide range, so finding the sweet spot takes patience.
+1 for the sd1 for ACDC type crunch.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Xotic EP booster...
what type of amp? if you have a solid state, non tube amp, a booster is useless for you. it will just add volume.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
yeah at lower volumes a clean boost will only increase the volume. so that's not what you want.

An sd1 is a good call since it can be used either as a standalone od or as a (pseudo) clean boost.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?