Quote by MacWoodard
Anyone have opinions on these?

They're excellent. Taylor originally put out a three-model set just to get reactions, and while they were pricey, they were well-executed and nicely done.

But if you're interested in a Taylor electric, you really need to visit the factory. They crank out prototypes fairly regularly, and some of those are incredible. The workers seem to have permission to put one together every now and then if they've got a particularly good piece of wood or a great design idea. I'm not sure what the purchase process is, but those guitars have made their way out into private hands (and not just celebrity hands). There's little question that Taylor can put out some truly spectacular electric guitars; they just don't seem to have deemed that an overly important adjunct to their business. Yet. If they did, they'd leave high-end Gibsons in the dust.

I'm wondering if some of their reluctance to delve too deeply into that aspect of things has anything to do with the financial tottering that Guitar Center has been doing (and continues to do)?
Quote by dspellman
They're excellent. Taylor originally put out a three-model set just to get reactions, and while they were pricey, they were well-executed and nicely done.

But if you're interested in a Taylor electric, you really need to visit the factory. They crank out prototypes fairly regularly, and some of those are incredible. The workers seem to have permission to put one together every now and then if they've got a particularly good piece of wood or a great design idea. I'm not sure what the purchase process is, but those guitars have made their way out into private hands (and not just celebrity hands). There's little question that Taylor can put out some truly spectacular electric guitars; they just don't seem to have deemed that an overly important adjunct to their business. Yet. If they did, they'd leave high-end Gibsons in the dust.

I'm wondering if some of their reluctance to delve too deeply into that aspect of things has anything to do with the financial tottering that Guitar Center has been doing (and continues to do)?

What would you say about this guitar? I'm liking these taylor guitars so far

https://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/4580545360.html
Quote by MacWoodard
What would you say about this guitar? I'm liking these taylor guitars so far

https://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/4580545360.html

I'd say that every time I've played that guitar, I've....wait. I've never played that guitar.
Did you know that they're actually bolt necks? Unique neck attachment system. No, seriously. Very similar to how they do it with the acoustics.
I've never played that exact guitar, obviously, but I've played that same model. It's amazing, and that's an amazing price for it, too. Assuming everything is in working order and the guitar doesn't have serious cosmetic issues, I'd say that's a sweet deal.