So, after testing, thinking and selling off some gear I had, I finally made the switch to the digital world. Weighing off the options, I decided the Kemper was the most suiting solution for me and I honestly couldn't be more stoked. It's an entirely new inspiration to write riffs, songs and discover sounds. Thus: New Kemper Day!

How it is set up in my room now.

Pretty much anything you dial in sounds really good and I am still impressed by what it can do. How the gain dials in or back is really impressive. Adding a little dirt to a clean tone is as easy as turning up the gain and even backing off the gain on profiles that have too much gain is as easily done as well. I don't know how it works, but it does.

The unit itself is also very intuitive. No need to go through tons of units with parameters that make no sense at all. That doesn't mean that you can't adjust much of the sounds to taste, of course. There is that option as well. There a tons of profiles up on the website and there is a large selection of really good profiles available for free. Combined with the effects built into the Kemper, you can really get crazy. It's not as expansive as an Axe-FX for instance, but it covers a large ground of what one would need live and they are all usable. Some effects are limited, but they sound good despite being limited.

Build quality seems stellar. All buttons and knobs feel sturdy and the jacks on both the front- and back-panel are solid. The ground lift switches are also nice to have and there are tons of output options. It doesn't seem to get hot at all, or maybe slightly, which is nice and because the cooling is passive, it's completely noiseless. The pretty quick start-up and shutdown time and the low weight really makes this a really portable and easily set up unit. I much prefer it to the hassle of a tube amp, to be honest.

And because sound is obviously the most important part, here's a quick video with various profiles being used with different guitars. All recording is straight into the "desk", no plug-ins or anything added. I tried to cover some different styles of music to showcase what it's capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41VfrXcNkNw
congrats! never tried one but they get a lot of love.

enjoy!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
HNKD, though as the others wrote, the video is set to private.

I like the SG, by the way.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Hmm, I thought that when set to private, only people with the link could view it. Didn't want it to show up in the search engines, but only to people with the link. Maybe they changed that. Ah well, fixed now.

Cheers everyone, and I love the SG, AtaBorMan, easily my number 1!
Sounds really good dude!

HNKD! If you would, Id love to hear more samples of what it can do after you've had more time with it.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I think I'll be using this for a long time (but you never know with gear, of course), so of course I'll be doing more recordings with it! ^^ Main problem now is that I don't have a set of monitors at home and need to use it through a stage monitor. :P
HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by JackovSlayer
Nice, I would like to try one of those.

Surely do if you get the chance! Might not be for all of us, but I was really impressed with it, even though I saw a shitload of video's of it and read tons of reviews.

@SavageAxe: thanks!
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ippon
Sweet video. The SG Standard was my first guitar and I've grown fond with its full-size PG. Is that a modded 7321/7421?

Totally get it! The little PG looks so weird imo! And yes, that is a modded 7321. Finish was redone (decal on headstock), pickup cavity, tone pot and selector switch were filled in and the neck was scalloped. The bridge pickup was replaced, no idea with what, though. All DIY crappy work someone did before I got it, but at 100 euros, it's easily the best bang for buck guitar I own and frankly, it plays really well.

Cheers Dave!

------

I just played around with it with my headphones a bit as well and the sound is just as good, in my opinion. I played through headphones while testing in the store as well and it sounded really bad, but I wasn't going to be using the headphone out all that much, and it wasn't with my own pair of headphones anyway, so it could've been just crap headphones. Turns out it was that way and my AKG sounds great with it!
Dude I'm super jealous my buddy just snagged a Kemper and
hasn't left the house for a week. Definetly on my gear I want
list. HNKD! Are the Metal amps killer?
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
They are really good. It all depends on the profile, though. I have yet to find a Dual Rectifier sound that is totally what I'm looking for, for instance (I used to own one and always regretted selling it), but a lot of the profiles sound just like the real deal. The Diezel profiles are really impressive and by far the ones I'm liking most for metal at the moment. Some of the Orange profiles also really deliver and outshine the actual amplifiers, in my opinion.

Overall, I'm much more impressed with the cleans, though. I mean, a VST can get really great sounding on full blown distortion, in my opinion, but it always lacks in the clean department. None of that with the Kemper. Dialing in a Two Rock profile (e.g.) instantly gives you the clean tone you've heard on records and always wanted.

A clip I recorded yesterday to give a sample of the cleans to the drummer in my band, by the way:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21992505/Kemper%20Two%20Rock%20clean%20w%3Acomp%2C%20EQ%2C%20DLY%2C%20REV.aif
Congrats!!

Sounds great
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
Last edited by MatejSJ at Aug 25, 2014,
Nice pics and sweet kemper! I need to try one of these things at some point in my life
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Taz9
That's a badass orange juice! Grats!

watch you don't spill it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by I K0nijn I
Thanks. Pretty impressed by it myself to be honest.

it does look refreshing. is there much pulp?

i do like the pulp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
it does look refreshing. is there much pulp?

i do like the pulp.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love your guitar selection. Nice sounds as well though :P. I'm sure you'll only get better and better at dialing in tones as time goes on as well