I'm currently unable to re-string my guitar as there's something in the nut, possible broken string.

I've attached a screenshot of what it currently looks like, sadly nothing I can push/pull on

I've tried forcing a new string through it but it's not going through.

Any ideas how to fix this?

(Invalid img)
That is the tuning peg. the nut is the bit right at the start of the fretboard (typically white or black.

But to answer your question, get a drill bit and carefully drill it out. From the looks of it if you made the hole a bit larger it will work better. You changed to a heavy gauge that barely fit in the hole. It is not uncommon to do this with the very large gauge strings being used in drop tuned music these days.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Am I the only person that immediately thought that he should go to the hospital and have it removed...sounds bloody painful and quite unpleasant lololol
Just looking at those pegs, do you have locking tuners? Because they look like it, and would explain how the string got stuck in there.

There should be a twistable nob on the back side of the tuner to loosen it (not the machine head you use to tune).
Also if there are locking you wont need as many winds on them!
^ Good catch they do look like locking tuners

If that is the case, forget the drill
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Use a small nail or other pointy thing to push the stuck bit out from the other end of the hole.
Sorry should of mentioned the locking tuners on the reverse. I've loosened/taken it off, but still no luck.

I think trying to use a small nail/object is the best option but I've yet to find something small enough to go through....like I said I tried using new guitar string but no joy
do you or your dad (if your younger) have a scratch Awl you can try that
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I wouldn't try drilling it out, the hard steel core of the string is likely to push the bit off sideways into the tuner post, and you could end up with a damaged post with a broken bit stuck in it.

I would try tapping it out with something blunt, like the back end of a small drill bit or a panel pin/small nail with the point cut off. The awl might work, but I would be afraid that the sharp point would splay out the broken string like a rivet, jamming it even tighter.