Also 4x10" is fine, though 4x8" would be ideal.

Whatever the price, and whatever the speakers inside it, though better if jensen's or JBL's.
I have this things for speakers found in old fender amps.

Thank y'all!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Pretty sure Blackstar makes a 4x8 cab.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Blackstar
Seismic Audio

4x8 is not a common thing at all
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Seismic's for bass, and I'd rather go for an unloaded one or one with guitar speakers.

Dies any of you guys have a clue how che blackstar is, both sound-wise AMD quality-wise?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
No idea sound wise but I recall it being nice heavy
wood constructed cab.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Zilla makes anything you'd want. Not sure if they'd do 8", but 10" for sure. Avatar probably does that too.

Orange makes a 410 as mentioned and they sound pretty good in my opinion. I do think it's discontinued. Dr Z makes one as well. Marshall has the 1965A/B cab to cover 410 ground, but I'm not sure wether they still make it. Alternatives are Two Rock, Bogner (only order order IIRC) and Mesa (Lonestar series).
Why 8s specifically?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Spambot_2
Dies any of you guys have a clue how che blackstar is, both sound-wise AMD quality-wise?

It’s well-reviewed, but I’ve never known of anyone actually buying one. I’ve never even seen one in a store that sells Blackstar gear. As others have pointed out, 4x8 is an oddball cabinet for a guitar player. The whole point of an eight inch guitar speaker is to be small; instead of using four in one cab you might as well buy a nice 2x12.
Quote by Spambot_2
Seismic's for bass, and I'd rather go for an unloaded one or one with guitar speakers.

They used to have one that was for guitar/bass on their site
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think marshall makes a 4x10... or at least they used to.

DR.Z makes a 4x10

kind of topic: Any Reason why someone would use a 4x10 or a 4x8 instead of a 1x12, 2x12" or a 4x12?
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Yeah not knocking your choice at all but I am very curious as to what it is your scheming Luca
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by boblittle
I think marshall makes a 4x10... or at least they used to.

DR.Z makes a 4x10

kind of topic: Any Reason why someone would use a 4x10 or a 4x8 instead of a 1x12, 2x12" or a 4x12?

It obviously sounds different, so he might be shooting for a different type of sound. Certainly 10" isn't that strange. I personally love 10" speakers for fuzzy tones.

Might be for recording experimentation as well. Lots of great sounds to be had on record with smaller speakers.
Quote by boblittle

To not sound like twelve inch speakers. That sort of thing probably mattered a lot more prior to the 1990s when everybody decided they wanted a big sound with a kicking low end.
Quote by I K0nijn I
It obviously sounds different, so he might be shooting for a different type of sound. Certainly 10" isn't that strange. I personally love 10" speakers for fuzzy tones.

Might be for recording experimentation as well. Lots of great sounds to be had on record with smaller speakers.

Btw clean sounds through 4 x 12 are the worst. Sounds like a bass played up an octave, so boomy most of the time. Almost always prefer combo for clean sounds.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Aug 25, 2014,
This went a lot better than I expected

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I'd like a 4x8" cab 'cause I used to use my amp with the 8" speaker found in a definitely less than average quality combo (a randall RG25RXM got for €55) and I liked it better than my 2x12" with v30's for most stuff.

It's not even the speaker type that much, 'cause I liked T75's even less.
Also the 8" one was really low quality.

My problem is, I don't dislike bass that much, and I tend to play fairly loud most of the times, so a single 8" speaker won't really cut it in my head.

Also having something smaller than my 2x12" would be nice for my back...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola