Hello there people,

I'm Shanu, I've been playing guitar for 6-7 years. And I have a Synster Gates Custom guitar, a Boss ME-25 Processor and had a Line 6 spider iii 15W amp.

So I had to leave my amp back home because I just flew to college in the US. I basically need something similar to the Line 6 Spider iii 15W amp because all my processor's tones are made off that. Is there any other amp that would have a similar clean tone like the Line 6 spider?

I don't wanna end up with a crummy clean tone like a marshall. (no offense to marshall amp owners)

I just want something to get the sound out of my processor perfectly, without compromising my processor's potential. Perhaps even complimenting it. For example if I get like a vintage amp it's gonna keep giving me the vintage-ey sound even if I'm doing something more modern on my processor. (And yes, my processor has a pre-amp in it).

So basically I just need something to get the sound out of my processor right.

Thanks in advance. ^_^
Last edited by shanu2 at Aug 24, 2014,
Spider's are regarded as bad sounding amps, so you sure you don't wanna look into something different?

Also they don't have one clean sound only, so an example like a sound in a song or of a band or similar that you would wanna achieve would greatly help us helping you.
And the genres of music you play.

Then, after that, what's your budget?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
No offense to you, but you have a really bad amp.
I'd take ANY Marshall (with the exception of the MG) over the Spider, all the time.

Just get a Peavey Vypyr, Fender Mustang, Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix.
Either of those is much better than your Spider.

If you don't need an amp, get a Line 6 POD and headphones.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
@spambot 2: I usually make tons of various tones from my processor and just played them through my spider. It worked pretty okay for me. And yes I do wanna look into something different. But, it should serve my purpose. I don't wanna change 50 tones to match the new amp and still not quite sound like they originally did. Does that make any sense to you? I don't how to quite explain it.

My budget's around a $100 bucks, it can go upto $150. But I need a smaller amp. Around 15-30 watts.

And I play rock and metal and I do treasure some of my more trippy tones too. But that's all processor based. I just need something to get that sound out loud and beautifully, and not cram up my tones.

Thanks again.
just get some nice headphones and use your me.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A