After 3,5 years of playing the bugera 333 (it never ever let me down!) its time for a retube. Instead of getting the stock tubes again i changed them for these:

Pre: THUNG SOL 12ax7 4x

Its not the first time i retube a amp myself so it was a easy job. Bias is correct (set on 65%), all the tubes glow so its gotta be good.

But there is a problem. I can not get the amp to a decent sounding level. It suddenly has about 60-70% less volume then the stock tubes. I put back in the old tubes just to check and right away i had a normal volume level again. Eventho the SOVTEK sounded good (there was a bit of crackling during testing) i still have no clue whats going on here.

Any of you could help? I think maybe one of the tubes is broken?
Did ya keep it in a clean room?

Plug something directly into the amp's fx return, and see if the volume of what comes out of the amp's the same with both the old and the new set of power tubes, obviously biasing the sets to a relatively similar point.

If the levels are (more or less) the same in both cases, plug something into the amp's fx send, and check if the level coming out of the fx send are the same with both sets of pre tubes.

If the levels are (more or less) the same in both cases then the problem isn't with the tubes.

If they are only in the first case, put each one of the tubes in the new set, one after another, in the V1 position.
When the volume drops, you have found your faulty tube.

Also, are you 100% sure they didn't sell you 12AU7's?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Did ya keep it in a clean room?

Plug something directly into the amp's fx return, and see if the volume of what comes out of the amp's the same with both the old and the new set of power tubes, obviously biasing the sets to a relatively similar point.

If the levels are (more or less) the same in both cases, plug something into the amp's fx send, and check if the level coming out of the fx send are the same with both sets of pre tubes.

If the levels are (more or less) the same in both cases then the problem isn't with the tubes.

If they are only in the first case, put each one of the tubes in the new set, one after another, in the V1 position.
When the volume drops, you have found your faulty tube.

Also, are you 100% sure they didn't sell you 12AU7's?

So you think the problem is with the pre-amp tubes and not with the power tubes? I will try and see if that makes any difference.
Well the 12AU7's or 12AT7's would be likely if ya ask me.
More likely than having gotten a faulty set of new tubes in my experience.

Though the tests I listed include power tubes testing, so...
Yeah, do it and see what happens.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
it is likely you got a bad set of tubes, you say you put the tube back to stock and it was fine (was that all the tubes or only power tubes?

Remember "new" is only a word, I have gotten so many bad tubes that were new I can't count
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Where are you getting your tubes from? I've never had a bad one out of the box, but the place I buy them from tests every tube.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Quote by Spambot_2
Well the 12AU7's or 12AT7's would be likely if ya ask me.
More likely than having gotten a faulty set of new tubes in my experience.

Though the tests I listed include power tubes testing, so...
Yeah, do it and see what happens.

I do got tung sol 12ax7.

it is likely you got a bad set of tubes, you say you put the tube back to stock and it was fine (was that all the tubes or only power tubes?

Remember "new" is only a word, I have gotten so many bad tubes that were new I can't count

I did put in both pre-amp and power stock tubes and it worked perfect again, then i tried the stock pre-amp with the sovtek power and got the same problem again.

I did noticed when you switch on the amp (from standby to on) the tubes get a light blue glow, i got that in every amp i used but one of the sovtek power tubes glows less then the other ones.
Quote by Prime2515102
Where are you getting your tubes from? I've never had a bad one out of the box, but the place I buy them from tests every tube.

i am interested as well. some companies have warranty or maybe just a week or something. call the company and civilly ask them. usually if its bad they will send you out a new one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am interested as well. some companies have warranty or maybe just a week or something. call the company and civilly ask them. usually if its bad they will send you out a new one.

I did, but there is no more warranty as i waited a couple of weeks before i started with retubing.
Quote by Deanliner
I did, but there is no more warranty as i waited a couple of weeks before i started with retubing.

Shit. the one bad thing about buying tubes before you need them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sounds like you have 1 or more bad power tubes in the new set. Sovtek have a 90 day warranty so if it has been less than 3 months since you bought them they should replace them for free.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate