Page 1 of 2
So its approaching 10 yrs since r.i.p. dimebag.

Will you be celebrating the memory of dime by growing a goatee and doing shots of Jager in a very generic metal way, check out a youtube video of Pantera then forgetting all about him, remembering the meme and the person in absolute indifference, or remembering christ why did i listen to this crap?

R.I.P. Dime
Last edited by DodgyKebab at Aug 25, 2014,
Oh god....
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
I've never heard a Pantera song.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
dip rime
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by lolmnt

sure you have you've been in a public bathroom
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
PID mime
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by DodgyKebab
Bro do you even sweep?!

I do laundry too. How bout you?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I do laundry too. How bout you?

Actually im trying to clean my oven hob, but there is a lot of burnt on burntness. Any tips?
Quote by DodgyKebab
Actually im trying to clean my oven hob, but there is a lot of burnt on burntness. Any tips?

Throw it out. You need a new one.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I am going to listen to a Pantera song. Which one should it be?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by DodgyKebab

Acetone or another organic solvent. Once you get the whole burner covered in it you can speed up the reaction time by turning it on. It should come right off after that.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by lolmnt

Medicine Man.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by lolmnt

Cemetary Gates is nice.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cemetery+gates+pantera

I'm a HUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of Floods though, which gets me some weird look from my drummer, who's a straight up Thrash, Metalcore, and Death Metal guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td-v6vG2Xhs

I love Floods though, so dark and beautiful to me
Last edited by bdof at Aug 25, 2014,
Quote by lolmnt

anything off of their first three albums those are the best
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
there really isn't a stand out pantera song, just pick something from the greatest hits albulm. I never like Phil"s singing he sounds as tough as a golden retriever puppy.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
there really isn't a stand out pantera song, just pick something from the greatest hits albulm. I never like Phil"s singing he sounds as tough as a golden retriever puppy.

terry glazer tho
Quote by lolmnt

cemetery gates
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I'll be chucking on a few Pantera tracks. By Demons Be Driven is still awesome.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Seriously, who the hell cares.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

One of the best and most influential players ever, and what set him apart from other shredders is that he was able to write SOULFUL music in a variety of styles and constantly re-invented himself with each album's playing being consistent throughout, but very different from anything that came before it.

As for Pantera's career, well the best time to see them was probably 1994 or '95, after that Phil's drug use and general tendency to be an ass started to become more of a problem, but musically Dime did not stop developing, and 1996's Great Southern Trendkill was by far the most interesting musically if lyrically it was a bit.. odd.

My favorite album is Cowboys, but GST demonstrated that Dime/Vince continued to evolve despite the fact that Phil was disintegrating. Floods is a guitar classic, up there with a lot of the Hendrix stuff, and Comfortably Numb and Randy's stuff with Ozzy. Just an amazing masterpiece!

..best part of Floods if after all of the heavy soloing, the outro with all of the 5-9 chords. That's just an incredible piece, and unlike anything I've heard before or since.

Best solos:
Psycho Holiday
A New Level
The Sleep

Those who weren't alive or were too young to know it at the time this man was nothing short of legend! I am proud to say I saw him live (1997).

Equally amazing (to me, at least) is that Pantera as we know it was the rebirth of the band after its (almost) forgotten "glam metal" days of Pantera's Metal Magic and Power Metal, both good albums. Where most thrash bands like Megadeth or Slayer were doing pretty much what they're famous for, and had practically entered middle age by the mid-90's, Pantera was just getting started annihilating the universe with their unique brand of metal domination!!!

R.I.P. Dime, and by the way if you want to drink to his memory it's a Black Tooth Grin, motherf**ker!!!

Black Tooth Grin:
2 shots of Crown
2 shots of Seagram's 7
A splash of Coca-Cola

1-2 Barbecue!
I don't think we should commemorate racists.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
first read this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730681

then read this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730737

then read this thread (the only important one): https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730794

The OPs of each thread are the only important parts, the rest is just for laughs.
RIP in peace to another bong shredding guitar ripping man as well, Clark83
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by lolmnt

They're not bad at all.

In fact, I've been known to karaoke Cowboys from Hell from time to time.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
rip dome
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by DodgyKebab
Will you be celebrating the memory of dime by growing a goatee and doing shots of Jager in a very generic metal way, check out a youtube video of Pantera then forgetting all about him, remembering the meme and the person in absolute indifference, or remembering christ why did i listen to this crap?

*thinks for 2 seconds* No. No...

I won't be doing any of those things. Instead, I'm going to not give a shit...about any of that. Yeah.
What will I be doing? Writing reviews of albums by actual living, breathing metal bands.

This sick fetish has got to stop. I own and enjoy a couple of Pantera albums, but at the end of the day there was nothing special about them. They were just one in a long line of painfully generic "Groove Metal" bands that rose to prominence during the early to mid 1990s. They didn't reinvent, innovate, or save anything. Pantera were decent, but Metal did not cease to exist when they broke up.
Page 1 of 2