Page 1 of 2
So I've been using a Nokia E52, but it has low storage for my mp3's, the camera doesnt work anymore, and some of the buttons have gone missing. But I love the battery life on this thing, goes 1,5 weeks w/o charging.

I guess a smartphone is the way to go(prolly?). The only thing I need to be "Good" in it is:

Decent storage - starting point 8gb
A good camera - something that would do 720/1080 ( guitar cover stuff, ya know... )
And a GOOD batery life.

Thats it. Im not crazy with all the trendy iphones and stuff so any brand is ok with me. It can actualy be not a smartphone ( you know those old phones that used buttons... yeah.. )
m8
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

if you switched the As and Us your name would be Uranus
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
if you switched the As and Us your name would be Uranus

It's actually Ar'u'n'ass ?
Lg G2
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Get that windows phone that has the AI named 'Cortana' so you can have her refer to you as "Chief" just like everyone else who has ever played Halo who gets that phone.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by Arunas
It's actually Ar'u'n'ass ?

no it's actually Arunas

can't you read your own name
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Bruv if you get a smartphone you'll get 1.5 days of battery at a time at best. So if for some reason charging your phone every day is an issue, don't get one.
Quote by TheChaz
Bruv if you get a smartphone you'll get 1.5 days of battery at a time at best. So if for some reason charging your phone every day is an issue, don't get one.

Do they even make phones with buttons and small screens anymore? The local operators only sell these flashy smartphones....
Quote by TheChaz

My regular old slider phone gets 3 days battery easy.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by Arunas
Do they even make phones with buttons and small screens anymore? The local operators only sell these flashy smartphones....

They sell them. They just don't feature them cuz no one wants them, and they don't make a lot of money off them.
Quote by TheChaz
They sell them. They just don't feature them cuz no one wants them, and they don't make a lot of money off them.

Until I can find a smart phone that has a slider keypad, I plan on sticking with my good old friend the LG Rumor Reflex.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

I've heard the newer windows phones are really great.

I have an old iPhone (just a 4 i think) and the camera is so shit. My cousin had a windows phone (dunno if he still does) but the camera on it was pretty nice.
Tho it seems a lot of people also like the samsung galaxy phones.

If I wasn't a loser with no friends, i'd get a windows phone tbh. But since mine is basically just an mp3 player with a shit camera, I can't justify it.
Quote by institutions
If I wasn't a loser with no friends, i'd get a windows phone tbh. But since mine is basically just an mp3 player with a shit camera, I can't justify it.

I guess it is because I have a 160gb MP3 player and a computer where ever I go, but I have yet to find a need to have a smart phone. Hell I don't even take pictures.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
Until I can find a smart phone that has a slider keypad, I plan on sticking with my good old friend the LG Rumor Reflex.

Not gonna happen tho.
Quote by TheChaz
Not gonna happen tho.

Looks like I am stuck wit ha regular old phone for the rest of forever... or until I can convince my company to pay to get me a smart phone. that will happen sooner or later.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by TheChaz

I get at least 2 full days, mostly 3

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by DamienEx1021
Looks like I am stuck wit ha regular old phone for the rest of forever... or until I can convince my company to pay to get me a smart phone. that will happen sooner or later.

Tbh the advantages of a smart phone are huge. And if you get one with a big enough screen you can type pretty much as fast as with a physical keyboard.
Quote by TheChaz
Tbh the advantages of a smart phone are huge. And if you get one with a big enough screen you can type pretty much as fast as with a physical keyboard.

I know the advantages for most people are huge, but I am literally near a computer 24/7. The only times this doesn't happen are when I am driving or out running errands. In neither situation am i ever in desperate need of information on the spot.

If someone wants me, they call. If someone needs something and I am busy, they text.

I see no reason I personally need a smart phone and no one has been able to give me one realistic situation where I would need one.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by snipelfritz
Are you an ass?

At one point during my embryonic development I was nothing more than an ass, just like everyone other human being.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Nokia Lumia 1020. Simple, effective, and efficient. Although it is still limited since the Windows Store isn't that big as Android or the App Store, but I'm not really that techy or use plenty of apps. Their business apps are good, and it got the basics of everything. I've noticed that the Store is getting big fast though. Windows phones are quite awesome, don't listen to the haters. Plus, it has the best camera out there. The Nokia Lumia is the way to go.
^Seconded.

Had one for a few years and upgraded to the HTC One M8 for Windows on Saturday, and it's awesome.
the iphone
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I am not getting any more iPhones. I've had a 3GS, 5, and 5C, and the battery life has gotten worse with each model. There's a problem with mine now (drops from 30% to dead in 5 minutes and drains really fast in general) but I'm not under warranty. So I have to live with 8 hrs battery life (data on, moderate use) every single day until November 2015, when my contract ends. Buying a portable charger is the best investment I've ever made.

Then again, my mom wants the iPhone 6 and she'll probably use it for a month, hate it and give it to me
cat

No monthly contract.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack

No monthly contract.

How many mp3's can I store in that box?
Quote by Arunas
How many mp3's can I store in that box?

Well, using USB memory sticks, probably a good few hundred petabytes worth.

Someone will nick a few, though, before word gets around that your taste in music sucks and then people will stop taking them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Well, using USB memory sticks, probably a good few hundred petabytes worth.

Someone will nick a few, though, before word gets around that your taste in music sucks and then people will stop taking them.

If there are any good people left in this world, if he waits long enough the booth will start to fill up again, this time with USB sticks with proper music on it.

Though I reckon that he will probably just end up with a dead bum or something.
Quote by ultimate-slash
If there are any good people left in this world, if he waits long enough the booth will start to fill up again, this time with USB sticks with proper music on it.

Though I reckon that he will probably just end up with a dead bum or something.

More than likely. A live bum would be more useful, because they could take messages(until 10am, by which point they'd be drunk on super T or something).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
More than likely. A live bum would be more useful, because they could take messages(until 10am, by which point they'd be drunk on super T or something).

So you don't need an expensive smartphone and the bum has place to live and a job? That sounds like everyone wins!

The Apple© MacBooth Pro©, now with free iBum©. Order yours today!
Page 1 of 2