looking for a guitar used for thrash and heavy metal, so far my two optioons i like are the

Godin redline 1
b.c. rich gunslinger

which is better?
ARe THERE ANY BETTER GUITARS FOR METAL UNDER 500$??
Personal preference. Try out many if you can and see what you think, out of those two Godin though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Well that's not a very specific request, and one that can be fulfilled by a ton of different guitars from several brands. Do some shopping around. Hit up your local stores. Partly just because it's good to support your local places, and also because it's a VERY good idea to physically play the exact guitar you're going to buy, before buying it. Rather than picking a model, and having a random one sent to you from a warehouse.

As for brands with good guitars in that price range. There's several options from Schecter, Ibanez, Jackson, ESP/LTD, among others. Go see what the local places have in stock and try some out. I'd personally recommend a Schecter, because I've got experience with them, and I'm always impressed, particularly with their lower-end models. Look for a Damien Elite, Omen, or Stealth. All really sweet, and sell for $300-$500.
Used Ibanez RG550 or 570 or 560, etc are some of the best shredder guitars period, let alone for the money. The early Charvels and Jackson Professionals from Japan are also right up there at the top. The new Charvel Pro Mods are pretty dang shreddy also. These assume you like thin shreddy necks. These also assume you are open to used.
LTD MH 350/351/400/401. With trem has FR without trem has NT.

Best imo.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by ngav3
UPDATE: I am mostly a rhythym guitar player.

???
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ngav3

ARe THERE ANY BETTER GUITARS FOR METAL UNDER 500$??

Yes... Many
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
Quote by ngav3
UPDATE: I am mostly a rhythym guitar player.

ummm.... then why a shred guitar. would think that a guitar that is good for rhythm needs would be better (chord clarity, heavy sound etc.)