2 11%
Song 3
7 39%
Song 4
9 50%
Voters: 18.
Page 1 of 2
Ehllo

Quick question, how often do you buy lube?

Like WD-40, not that other kind of lube.
Oh you...
Disclaimer: WD-40 is not lube, I'm not responsible if you use it for le sexy tiem.

If your answer is "Never", and your doors are a bit noisy, you should try this:

- Get some shaving cream.

- Massage those door hinges with it. (When was the last time you showed them hinges some love?)

- Open and close the door repeatedly until it doesn't creak no mo'.

- Go outside and try to sell your MIRACLE DOOR FORMULA!

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Drifter (Part 1)" (fLYinGV23)

2 - "Stay" (Skinny91)

3 - "Circus Tent" (sickman411, semiquaver)

4 - "Paramount" (whywefight, FoOltz, FlipComplex)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song, from whywefight, it's "detpmetta", with 6 votes!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Friday. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
This week there are no funnies. There's this instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2sM7tzILeE

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1653619
Hopefully we can get more participants next week.
Only four songs for two weeks in a row.
Last edited by FoOltz at Aug 25, 2014,
Cool songs. I went with sickman in the end.

Also, me and zep will have an epic collab for this coming week
I will try to make an original for once. I'm so shit with lyrics though xD
Voted for Song #2. Loved the slow pace and the singing voice.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Aug 26, 2014,
It's alright, I'm pretty sure no one can top my ability to write absolutely shit lyrics
Quote by whywefight
It's alright, I'm pretty sure no one can top my ability to write absolutely shit lyrics

If I read your lyrics I feel like I can top that :P
I think yours are pretty good.

I dont get much further than simple "love rhymes with glove" kind of lyrics
I'll give it a go though! Want to make myself better, and what's a better way to do it then to enter these songwriting bootcamps
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Hey sickman, what effect did you use for the end on the vocals? It's awesome
Drifter (Part 1)

I like this song, I think the quietness of the vocals hurts it a bit but I saw you made note of it in your description. Good choice of chords, you keep it nice and varied throughout.

Circus Tent

Really like the drums on this one, I'm guessing they are programmed but they have a good natural sound to them. Really nice guitars at the start of the choruses, I'm not a massive fan of the more discordant chord change at the end of them but I get what you were going for. I liked the more dissonant end though.

Paramount

Nice drums again. Guitars are nice and defined. I think the various sections complemented each other very well.

Went for Circus Tent in the end.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by FoOltz
Hopefully we can get more participants next week.
Only four songs for two weeks in a row.

I was also expecting more songs :/
I ended up voting for Paramount. Awesome drums!

Keep up the good work!
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there" Miles Davis
Quote by whywefight

We used a distortion effect called "Schranz as schranz can be"
We actually had alot of fun choosing the effect for that bit.
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there" Miles Davis
Quote by whywefight

Yea that was really cool. I'm always looking for something like that in my songs, except I don't think audacity can pull that off lol
I prefer to butter my hinges

1 - "Drifter (Part 1)" (fLYinGV23)

Get those vocals. You voice is never as bad as you think it is. Cool enough guitar but seeing that this is a lyrics-focused song imo, you need to get your voice out a bit more

2 - "Stay" (Skinny91)

Sounds good immediately. Would actually work amazingly well in some coming of age film.

3 - "Circus Tent" (sickman411, semiquaver)

Bit of funk influence in this. Drums are pretty good. Middle section is quality sounds a bit Doors-like. Transistions work well.

4 - "Paramount" (whywefight, FoOltz, FlipComplex)

Feel like this is gonna get punk-poppy. It's like a weird British version of blink-182. Love the 1.40 harmony. This song is a winner.
Quote by chev311e
Yea that was really cool. I'm always looking for something like that in my songs, except I don't think audacity can pull that off lol

Foltz and I have both used reaper for a while now, it's not technically free but it just comes up with this nag screen for five seconds when you first start it up:

So it's pretty much an honor system style of paying

It's definitely slicker than audacity imo and it's only sixty bucks if you feel guilty enough to pay

Quote by semiquaver
We used a distortion effect called "Schranz as schranz can be"
We actually had alot of fun choosing the effect for that bit.

not finding it on google lol, is that a cubase effect?
Last edited by whywefight at Aug 26, 2014,
Yeah I can't say I've actually expended said expensive expense . We've kind of both had it forever since we were 14 and didn't care; I don't think I would have just done that now. (Our version isn't the latest though, so it wouldn't have been that expensive.) Though my recording interface did come with a physical copy of Cubase LE, so I feel less bad about it...
Quote by whywefight
Foltz and I have both used reaper for a while now, it's not technically free but it just comes up with this nag screen for five seconds when you first start it up:

So it's pretty much an honor system style of paying

It's definitely slicker than audacity imo and it's only sixty bucks if you feel guilty enough to pay

not finding it on google lol, is that a cubase effect?

Oh really you can do that?? I got it and tried it for a bit but got rid of it before 60 days lol Idk if I didn't put enough time into it but I just couldn't get the hang of it and didn't find it any better.
Quote by chev311e
Oh really you can do that?? I got it and tried it for a bit but got rid of it before 60 days lol Idk if I didn't put enough time into it but I just couldn't get the hang of it and didn't find it any better.

I used to use Audacity as well until wwf forced Reaper down my throat, but after getting used to it, I found Reaper a lot better to work with.
Voted for Paramount.

I use Reaper most of the time, but in my uni we use Protools so I use that for some stuff too
Quote by FoOltz
I used to use Audacity as well until wwf forced Reaper down my throat, but after getting used to it, I found Reaper a lot better to work with.

Yeah this is pretty much exactly what happened

How easy is pro tools to use? I always kinda guessed I'd be totally lost if I ever used it
Last edited by whywefight at Aug 26, 2014,
Quote by whywefight

How easy is pro tools to use? I always kinda guessed I'd be totally lost if I ever used it

I don't think it's really complicated or anything, it's just a matter of knowing where everything is and how to use it

I'm actually more comfortable mixing in Protools than in Reaper
Last edited by nico_9550 at Aug 26, 2014,
Quote by sickman411
I know someone who knows someone who bought WinRAR.

That person is def going to heaven.
Damn, its neck and neck

Edit: lol now its not tied anymore.
Last edited by whywefight at Aug 27, 2014,
Page 1 of 2