I was looking at the Orange tiny terror with a 1x8 orange cab. I play anything from jazz to metal, and i mostly play ryhtyhm guitar
There is no best, only best for you. Orange TT is a good choice, also the Laney Cub 12. Both are worth a look.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Where are you located (closest city will do, don't need specifics, just availability and currency)?

Specific examples of some sounds that you would like (jazz and metal are both pretty broad)?

Willing to go used?

What is your current gear?

We need some info. to help you out.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
lowell massachusetts
Jimi hendrix, metallica, megadeth, black sabbath, led zeppelin, Rolling Stones, stevie ray vaughan, rainbow, guns and roses...
yes on used
gear:
1997 Epiphone Les paul Standard with bigsby, 490r pickup in the neck, duncan distortion in the bridge, brand new 500k pots, brand new capactiors, and a new jack.
also a really crappy sawtooth amp
You live in Lowell?

I went there when I went to MA with my best friend for a holiday. I live in the UK.

For $600 you can easily buy a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60. It'll cover the wide, wide range of tones you need, better than pretty much any other modelling amp.

EDIT: +1 to a used JSX if you can get a cab with that.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 25, 2014,
Go to performance music in Woburn, they'll have a stash of stuff in that price range and brands for those genres. If not: I'd go Peavey JSX for that kind of versatility.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 25, 2014,
thanks for the answers. im really looking at the orange tt combo, but im still open. i mean i just cant take this sawtooth amp anymore. my guitar sounds horrible through it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 25, 2014,
The Orange probably won't cover that wide a range of tones. I'd look into a Marshall DSL401 combo (not the newer DSL40), the Peavey JSX is a good grab, you could try a Carvin V3, the Vypyr Tube is a good choice, Line 6 Vetta/Flextone wouldn't be bad (Flextones can be had super cheap), you might could find a Mesa Mark III for that (I have one near me for that), or a Mesa F30/50 or DC Series. Laney TT series would be okay. Maybe a Krank 1980. Lots of options, the Orange TT would be low on my priority list.
And they don't have a shitty little 8" speaker.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
And they don't have a shitty little 8" speaker.

This, 8' speakers are just so rough on my ears, if they aren't in a bass amp I just don't have time.
Can be made ok with better tubes, speaker and some mods. A JCM2000 DSL401 will eat it for breakfast. Just get one made after 2003.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Not as good as the DSL401 that I mentioned. It isn't bad, but it doesn't live up to the JCM2000s of old. You ought to look at the recommendations folks have been throwing at you, some great amps at a bargain.
Carvin Nomad. 50W EL84s, two channels, 1x12.

You can't get them at Guitar Splinter, tough to find them outside the US. Serious butt-kicking do-almost-anything amp is relatively lightweight and portable, but will hold its own in some extremely loud professional gigging company.
Quote by dspellman

You can't get them at Guitar Splinter, tough to find them outside the US. Serious butt-kicking do-almost-anything amp is relatively lightweight and portable, but will hold its own in some extremely loud professional gigging company.

Carvin Direct will ship International and have a 10 day trial money back guarantee if you don't like it http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/NOMAD
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Aug 25, 2014,
if you look hard and maybe saved a little bit more you could land a mesa MKIV combo.

the main thin is that you really do not want an 8" speaker. there are reasons that 12"' (almost always) is a staple in music today.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by dspellman

You ho that thing out, don't you?

Can't blame you though, a buddy of mine used his for everything from Clapton to Van Halen. I feel like it might struggle to cop thrash tones by its lonesome, but a good boost ought to do it.