I know that many writer are here. I have a simple question with all. I use to write poem and small small stories but only i took my pen for a write up when i am feeling so sad. Only when i am sad i write poem or story or whatever it is... It is not reversal, i mean i never touched my pen if i am too happy. What about the writer here. Something strong should be there in our mind before starting a write up. When you guys write.?

Will have a nice communication on this .......
Usually when I'm sad as well. because sad stories are usually the best stories. and then to change it up I like to read a happy one every once in a while, but sad stories make up 75% of writing I believe. (not actual statistics though)
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Most of the art that people on UG prefer is "sad", so it's much easier to syntesize a poem in your mind that resonates with your sadness, than it is to resonate with your happiness (or pride or any other 'positive' emotion). Also, when you feel happy, you don't have the need to make art - because you don't have any pain which needs to be eased.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
I usually write when I'm angry at someone or something. I find that it's a better idea to write a song or a poem to release my anger than it is to take it out on whoever I'm pissed at. For me, it's almost like anger management.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Usually when I'm sad as well. because sad stories are usually the best stories. and then to change it up I like to read a happy one every once in a while, but sad stories make up 75% of writing I believe. (not actual statistics though)

yes, only sad stories remind in our mind for long right?
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
Most of the art that people on UG prefer is "sad", so it's much easier to syntesize a poem in your mind that resonates with your sadness, than it is to resonate with your happiness (or pride or any other 'positive' emotion). Also, when you feel happy, you don't have the need to make art - because you don't have any pain which needs to be eased.

May be you are right, when i am happy i will be busy in thinking about that but when i become sad i really don't like to sit for a long time with a depressed mind and just to over come that ii writes.
Quote by Aoh legend
I usually write when I'm angry at someone or something. I find that it's a better idea to write a song or a poem to release my anger than it is to take it out on whoever I'm pissed at. For me, it's almost like anger management.

ooo that is a great idea something should be there to manage our agree know . Share your writing with us.
Quote by gamefun
Oh, I often feel sad, but my friend told me that if you are sad you can find one thing to be distracted

Each person their own way to get out from there problem, some are writers, some are plays game like you, some are sings. Each guys have different way of living
I would contest that a 'true' (forgive me for pulling that card) artist can create art from any strong emotion, be it pain, pleasure, anger, love, etc etc. If it's not that black and white, it might at the very least broaden your horizons and teach you a a new set of skills if you manage to step out of your own comfort zone.

An added benefit of being able to write happy, mellow or groovy songs, is that playing them just might send you back to that mood

Some 10 years ago every piece I wrote turned into the same melo-dramatic, semi-disturbing, emotional drivvel that I was used to writing. Lately every piece I write is unique, and covers a different topic, thought, emotion or story. Branch out!
Experience, and then express, the full range of emotions of which we humans are capable of!
Last edited by Philip Xander at Aug 28, 2014,
I used to write whenever I have a mood to write, its sometimes for teh sad mood or sometimes for the happy mood. Or if I got any good and interesting topic to write, I write the poem based on that.
Whenever I feel happy I write and whenever I was desperate I don't like to write. If I see something it strikes in my mind and I write about the same. If I see some small object I love to express their beauty..