Hello,
is there any virtual instrument that simulates a bass guitar that is good enough to be used in songs? Doesn't have to be free, I don't mind spending a little on a good vst to support the company.
Thanks
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Good attitude, first up - have to say that because it's admirable to see people not just looking to pirate every decent bit of software.

Anyway, those mentioned above, or there's stuff like Trilian if you really wanna splash the cash, but tbh I used to use Logic's free bass soft synths for ages but eventually grew tired of the sound (not very lifelike in a rock/metal mix) and the tedious programming stage of it, and I just bought a cheap second-hand bass guitar off a friend for what would be around $150-175 I guess (think I paid £120). Nothing incredible, but doesn't need to be for tracking demos at home, and it has made laying down bass tracks far quicker with the added advantage that if I was recording a band and their bass player had stuff wrong with his, they can use mine.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
^ logic also has something like 5 or 10 different sampled basses.

Did you check them out?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
That's what I was talking about You program it/play it like a soft synth though (well, it is a sampler, not a soft synth, but you know what I mean)... should have said software instrument I guess

They're alright for some stuff, but to get them sounding like a real bass in a commercial release you'd have to spend an age programming, vs just playing the part on an actual bass.
I have a windows pc so logic is not an option.. I will check out trillion and then we'll see
If they have a demo, go for it - but Trilian is like $300 or something so it's only really an option if you're loaded or know you're gonna use it a lot. I'd prefer to buy a cheap bass guitar for that price, but it's up to you really
The Kontakt stuff sounds great to me, they have some great electric basses.

When I don't use a regular bass DI'ed (I'm a bassist) I will use a Fender Rhodes sample, but that only works for low-key songs - nothing too bouncy or rocky.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I find Zombass to be better than Trillian in many instances and it's only like $10-30, depending on the version. There's even a free version that's ran through a Mesa 400 amp.

I'd link it for you, but their site seems to be blocked on the firewall here at work
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Zombass Mesa, I believe, is still free and probably the best bass VSTi rock and metal.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!