Hello guys lately I've been fascinated by a band called Dorje apparently one of the guitarists uses Victory amps. now here's my question: Is there anything similar to this amp but for a cheaper price?

his youtube channel is Rob Chapman

my budget is $400
I'd say you could pull off dorje tones with a DSL401, or a DSL100 head if you want a head.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I think I heard that dorje have used a blackstar amp (ht-1 or an HT-5) could that be an option?
Dont say the word Blackstar outloud... you'll get stoned!

(in other words, I would look for other options)
Quote by Taz9
Dont say the word Blackstar outloud... you'll get stoned!

(in other words, I would look for other options)

not the good stoned.

if you say "bugera" then you get burned at the stake. the amp will light it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Taz9

Thanks for the precision trashedlostfdup!

just doin' my job.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
i heard that victory are quite good amps but ashtons are also good. I own one along with my ashton series
^ you mean ashdown's?
'cause I can't find anything looking up "ashton guitar amps" on google...

And if it's ashdown's, I would stay away from them, I've always found their guitar amps pretty dull.

Also the blackstar would MAYBE get you there but you'd be paying for an overpriced gimmick.
A bugera would do but as trashed said, it might have reliability problems.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
^ you mean ashdown's?
'cause I can't find anything looking up "ashton guitar amps" on google...

And if it's ashdown's, I would stay away from them, I've always found their guitar amps pretty dull.

Also the blackstar would MAYBE get you there but you'd be paying for an overpriced gimmick.
A bugera would do but as trashed said, it might have reliability problems.

i am hesitant to recommend an ashdown as well.

you can do better than blackstar.

i rarely recommend these although they are quality and sound good and are well received look into Jet City. they are the Soldano budget line. nice amps, i owned the original 20 watter and a 50h for a few days. they were sold/traded quickly. not my tone. but... MAYBE yours.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I thought about buying a Jet City but the only sound good when they are cranked up.

BTW Bugera amps aren't that bad at all. I've had one for about a year and it works very well.
Quote by jackswift321
I thought about buying a Jet City but the only sound good when they are cranked up.

BTW Bugera amps aren't that bad at all. I've had one for about a year and it works very well.

Come back in 10 years and see if it still works.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by jackswift321
Everything sounds better when it's turned up, to an extent.

If something sounds better at low volumes than something else, it's because it's a better sounding amps and it will sound better at all volumes.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
The guy behind Victory was the guy who "designed" the Cornford stuff, IIRC, and those were pretty much all based on the SLO with a tweak to lower the treble range. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Victory amps are similar. Grab a Jet City and run the treble low.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^ that's what i was thinking. or maybe you could get a cornford cheap since they're pretty much defunct now. but jet city will likely be way cheaper.

Quote by jackswift321

wait what?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Digital FX can sound unnatural, Many analog FX sound better. Digital modeling of distortion has come a long way..
Quote by JSK00
Digital FX can sound unnatural, Many analog FX sound better. Digital modeling of distortion has come a long way..

digital is getting pretty damn good. 10 years ago it was a different story.

i am all analog, all tube or hybrid. i do not own any modeling amps, nor have any MFX

the MFX that i do have other than the unit i bought in 2004, i use it for pitch blending and ring modulator, thats it. but it would NEVER go on a gig.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I think you guys don't get it. I'm talking about distortion or overdrive pedals.

Are there certain (cheap but good) brands you would recommend?
I would prefer a pedal with two channels.
Quote by jackswift321
I think you guys don't get it. I'm talking about distortion or overdrive pedals.

Are there certain (cheap but good) brands you would recommend?
I would prefer a pedal with two channels.

for OD, look at a TS variant. if you are looking for a single distortion that sounds good, but then you have to shell out more cash.

if you want both together look into a visual sound jeckyl and hyde, or the fulltone GT500.

look at wampler, bogner makes some good distortion pedals too based off of their amp.

neither comes cheap, but i have never played a run of the mill boss/digitech and liked it,

mxr has a few distortion pedals.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!