John Lennon - imagine
Oasis - don't look back in anger
Rem - at my most beatiful
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
I was guessing C. My ear is terrible though.

Just came to me that they sounded kind of similar and needed to ask.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Quote by Trey Spruance
I was guessing C. My ear is terrible though.

Just came to me that they sounded kind of similar and needed to ask.

Same key doesn't make songs sound similar. A song in D major can sound really similar to a song in A major. You can transpose a song and it will still sound the same (you can play any of the songs you mentioned in any key, for example you can play "Imagine" in C major but you can also play it in F major, B major, D major, whatever. You just have to transpose all the notes). The key has very little to do with songs sounding similar. What makes the songs you mentioned sound similar is not the key, it's the fact that they are all played on piano and the piano plays a similar kind of rhythm on all songs. Imagine and the Oasis song have the same chord progression in the beginning (and both happen to be in the same key). But as I said, if you changed the key of the songs, they would still sound the same.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115