Poll: Are you depressed?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you depressed?
Yes - I have been diagnosed with depression
50 36%
Yes, but I have not been diagnosed (yet)
32 23%
No but I feel depressed sometimes
40 29%
No - I have never experienced depression
18 13%
Voters: 140.
Page 1 of 6
in any way at all. i want to get a view of how much of this forum identifies as depressed. share thoughts here.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Yes.

I've been meaning to go back to my doctor again after being diagnosed 3 years ago, so that I can give SSRI's and CBT another chance, again. But I've been putting it off forever. I feel as though I'm not worthy of any professional help and my parents have discouraged me from going back.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 26, 2014,
Yes, I've been diagnosed by a doctor.

I've been thinking of going back to the doctors because I've been extremely low for the past few months, but I pussied out of going the other day.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Aug 26, 2014,
Quote by I.O.T.M
Yes, and I've been diagnosed by a doctor.

I've been thinking of going back to the doctors because I've been extremely low for the past few months, but I pussied out of going the other day.

yeah i've been telling myself i need to finally go. it's been affecting my concentration quite a bit for 3 years, worse recently.
Yeeeeeep. Need to set up another appointment with my therapist so I can start actually dealin with it in the right way.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
In the sense that someone close to me suffers from it, yes. But I'm not depressed, and very grateful.
Not clinically but I can look back and think that I've been through stages of it. Usually I'm pretty good although right now it's hard to say.
To clarify, I go through waves of depression. I'll be happy-go-lucky for about 6 months straight and then suddenly the world is a different place. After a couple months, it seems to go away. It's not a seasonal thing either....

My depression use to be much worse in my 19-24 ages. It's not a suicidal thing now....just pure sadness.
I had some dark spots as a kid, but I'm fortunate enough that I've never been diagnosed with depression and pretty positive I don't have it. Plenty of my friends do though, so it is a part of my life nonetheless.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Dimarzio45
To clarify, I go through waves of depression. I'll be happy-go-lucky for about 6 months straight and then suddenly the world is a different place. After a couple months, it seems to go away. It's not a seasonal thing either....

My depression use to be much worse in my 19-24 ages. It's not a suicidal thing now....just pure sadness.

i get waves of it too. but it's more like by the hour. it doesn't matter where i am, any happiness i get lasts under an hour before i start thinking about these things. i would be in a room full of my mates and i start thinking ...'am i the only one that can't concentrate on the TV'.
I've suffered from it, I had pretty bad acne, just felt awful and depressed for about 2 years. Problems sorted now though. No thanks to the NHS (National Health Service in the UK) , but that's a different story haha.

,Ryan
Quote by Dimarzio45

My depressive episodes tend to fluctuate on a daily basis. I tend to be in a dysthymic-like mood when I'm not in a depressive episode, but when I am, it feels like I'm slowly being killed. But what bothers me is why these depressive episodes happen several times a day, but only last for about an hour or so, then I'm back to being dysthymic.
Quote by laid-to-waste
i get waves of it too. but it's more like by the hour. it doesn't matter where i am, any happiness i get lasts under an hour before i start thinking about these things. i would be in a room full of my mates and i start thinking ...'am i the only one that can't concentrate on the TV'.

We meet again, like-minded individual.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by laid-to-waste

my life
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Yes, been diagnosed by a counsellor at uni, but I started noticing it about 2 years before that. It gets better and worse, it gets erratic sometimes though. Like this bout, it just came over me yesterday morning and hasn't shifted. It kinda cleared up at work earlier, but then it got worse 10 minutes later
Quote by laid-to-waste

Ahhh, man. That's unfortunate. If I were to rate my depression on a 1 to 10 scale, I'd say mine is at 5/10.
Quote by ryan2t69
I've suffered from it, I had pretty bad acne, just felt awful and depressed for about 2 years. Problems sorted now though. No thanks to the NHS (National Health Service in the UK) , but that's a different story haha.

,Ryan

The NHS is shit for mental health stuff. I got diagnosed one year and never heard from the counselling service they supposedly referred me to. I then went back the next year in July and didn't get counselling until the November.

S A D B O Y S
I was diagnosed at the age of 12 by my pediatrician, and later by a few other doctors.

Pretty much the only time I didn't feel depression in my life are when I was on medication, and I don't mean ssri's, those have little to no effect on me.
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 26, 2014,
Quote by I.O.T.M
The NHS is shit for mental health stuff. I got diagnosed one year and never heard from the counselling service they supposedly referred me to. I then went back the next year in July and didn't get counselling until the November.

i'm planning on going to the GP before my term starts in norwich -- should i not bother? honestly i wouldn't even go if it weren't for the concentration thing but i'm afraid it's going to push into my studies.
Quote by I.O.T.M

Same.

When I first took counselling via the NHS, the waiting list was into the months. And when I did finally make my appointment, the counsellor was useless. He was Turkish so I could barely understand anything he said, and he didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yes I've been diagnosed, was lucky enough to go through my universities councillor program shortly before graduating. I just started on the NHS online CBT course and after the first session I'm not exactly impressed. I'm not on any meds and I couldn't tell you what caused it in the first place, it seems to be a number of events over the course of my childhood/early teens, or that's what my councillor thought. Also couldn't tell you what causes bad moods but it seems to be when I'm on on my own. The majority of the time it manifests as a complete apathy towards positive emotions. Thinking that you may never actually be happy about anything again is kinda soul destroying; it's a viscous circle.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Aug 26, 2014,
Quote by laid-to-waste
i'm planning on going to the GP before my term starts in norwich -- should i not bother? honestly i wouldn't even go if it weren't for the concentration thing but i'm afraid it's going to push into my studies.

The counselling I got was great when I eventually got it, so I would definitely recommend going to see your doctor. Plus, this is the NHS in the south east; maybe it is different where you are.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by ChemicalFire
Yes I've been diagnosed, was lucky enough to go through my universities councillor program shortly before graduating. I just started on the NHS online CBT course and after the first session I'm not exactly impressed. I'm not on any meds and I couldn't tell you what caused it in the first place, it seems to be a number of events over the course of my childhood/early teens, or that's what my councillor thought. Also couldn't tell you what causes bad moods but it seems to be when I'm on on my own. The majority of the time it manifests as a complete apathy towards positive emotions. Thinking that you may never actually be happy about anything again is kinda soul destroying; it's a viscous circle.

So, basically, you're fed up of your own company. I'm not, I hardly get any time to myself and it's incredibly irritating but it doesn't depress me.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
So, basically, you're fed up of your own company. I'm not, I hardly get any time to myself and it's incredibly irritating but it doesn't depress me.

Congratulations on completely misunderstanding how depression works. If it was as simple as seeing other people I wouldn't have a problem.

I'm sure you're the type of person who asks someone with depression "What do you have to be depressed about?" too, right?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Congratulations on completely misunderstanding how depression works. If it was as simple as seeing other people I wouldn't have a problem.

I know how depression works, I'm just being deliberately obnoxious because it's the internet and that's what it used to be for.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Screwing with peoples mental health issues.

Classy.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Screwing with peoples mental health issues.

Classy.

That's of course what I'm doing. Clearly. Being depressed doesn't mean you have to be an overly sensitive bellend as well sunshine.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
That's of course what I'm doing. Clearly. Being depressed doesn't mean you have to be an overly sensitive bellend as well sunshine.

If you understood how depression works, then there wouldn't be any incentive to be a dickbag that tries to belittle the way people feel.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Me being depressed doesn't stop you from being a dick either. Too much stigma around depression as is so I don't take kindly to it. DGAF about what you do in your free time to other people but if you're gonna talk shit directly to someone with depression or any other illness then expect to get called out on it.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Me being depressed doesn't stop you from being a dick either. Too much stigma around depression as is so I don't take kindly to it.

I'm a dick because I'm depressed and it's the only way I can express my feelings

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
I know how depression works, I'm just being deliberately obnoxious because it's the internet and that's what it used to be for.

ugh

go be insufferable somewhere else
Quote by Ed Hunter
I'm a dick because I'm depressed and it's the only way I can express my feelings

Get help.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Bladez22
ugh

go be insufferable somewhere else

I'm mostly in the MLP thread, which is my only reason for being on here now.

And I'm the insufferable one...

Quote by titsmcgee852
do any of you guys discuss depression with any of your friends? does anybody in your life know you struggle or is it more like a personal and concealed issue?
Quote by Ed Hunter

i think you're more likely just bored.