I give: Randal RH-100 Halfstack. Some cool stuff done to it cosmetically that made it look cool. Good, reliable cheap halfstack.

I get: Schecter Blackjack ATX. Aged Creme, ebony freboard 24 frets, Seymour Duncan Blackouts. I love the guitar, and feel like I "won" cleanly.

What do you guys think? It's really cool because my other guitar is a tele, and this brings something completely different to the table for recording, etc...

It's actually a Blackjack Solo 6. But I'd say you did pretty well for yourself! HNGD!
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Thanks!! Yes, it's definitely HNGD!

I was wondering why I was only finding Superstrat looking guitars searching for an ATX... Now I finally know what I actually have..lol

One thing I am noticing about it though: The bridge pickup sounds like ass on acoustic tone. It still sounds distorted even though there's no distortion on it. The neck pickup sounds "ok" for acoustic. Still not in the same ballpark as my tele. I wouldn't expect it to be. But still...It should sound better acoustic tone IMO.

The distortion is really nice. Much darker than my tele. Needs to be dialed in different. I don't even like the tubescreamer as a boost on this guitar. It takes away from it. The tubescreamer is like required for the Tele though. Funny the differences.
Last edited by saugeyekillah at Aug 26, 2014,
Schecter r beast!

Enjoy!
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by saugeyekillah
Thanks!! Yes, it's definitely HNGD!

I was wondering why I was only finding Superstrat looking guitars searching for an ATX... Now I finally know what I actually have..lol

One thing I am noticing about it though: The bridge pickup sounds like ass on acoustic tone. It still sounds distorted even though there's no distortion on it. The neck pickup sounds "ok" for acoustic. Still not in the same ballpark as my tele. I wouldn't expect it to be. But still...It should sound better acoustic tone IMO.

The distortion is really nice. Much darker than my tele. Needs to be dialed in different. I don't even like the tubescreamer as a boost on this guitar. It takes away from it. The tubescreamer is like required for the Tele though. Funny the differences.

Does it have EMGs? Probably those causing the clean tone you're not liking. If you did a passive swap I think you'd like it more.

EDIT: Missed the Blackouts thing. Still, I think you'd like passives better.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Aug 26, 2014,
Quote by TheStig1214
Does it have EMGs? Probably those causing the clean tone you're not liking. If you did a passive swap I think you'd like it more.

Pretty close. It's SD Blackouts. I've got some EMG HZs sitting around that are passive, but I'm not sure I'd like those either. I don't know yet. I'll probably end up using the Tele for any acoustic stuff anyway, but it seems like there must be something wrong with that pickup or the electronics in it. Maybe the battery is dead? Don't actives take a battery or something? I've also heard of disengaging the tone pot helps sometimes...
Actives take batteries. Check the back.

I actually just remembered that I put the Blackout Neck in the bridge position and Blackout Bridge in the neck position on my Loomis. If the clean tones are lacking, you may benefit from new strings. Dead strings will make everything sound bad.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Yeah do a battery and string swap before anything drastic. (I get ahead of myself sometimes lol.)

Removing the tone pot from the circuit will do next to nothing if you keep it at 10 (all the way up) anyway.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Oh, and another tip. Having a cable in the guitar engages the preamp in the pickups and drains the battery. Unplug when done and the battery can last 6+ months.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Batteries seem lively. Strings seem ok, but I'll restring tomorrow anyway. Plugged straight into the amp the cleans sound ok I guess. Probably unfair to compare the cleans to the Tele.

I'll keep messing with it... thanks for the tips guys! Keep em coMing if you think of any more.
When you say lively - how did you test it? I'd just replace it with a fresh one and see what happens. A tired battery will make actives sound like smeg.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by saugeyekillah
The only way I know: sticking my tongue on it ... lol

The only way to test a 9v

I'd replace it anyway. Can't hurt.
Maybe the 18v mod would help you out? It's meant to make your pickups behave more closely to passives.
[404]Signature not found
Seymour Duncan recommends against the 18v mod. They were designed to provide maximum headroom at 9v. Apparently 18v will do **** all for them.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Stick a new battery in it before proceeding. You're tongue is not a scientific instrument, try a new battery.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification