Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums and actually came to ask a question specifically. I'm looking to buy a new guitar, but I'm looking for one that will fill certain requirements for me. The music I write is extremely varied, yet oddly specific. I'm highly influenced by the Occult-tinged Psychedelic Folk music of bands like Hexvessel and Comus, but I'm also absolutely in love with Shoegazing like My Bloody Valentine and Whirr, and Post-Rock along the lines of Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Pan Fly AM.

In essence, I guess you could say what I do ranges from whispery and Folk oriented sounds to louder, more cathartic electric oriented sounds, all wrapped in a very hazy, ambient, and forested atmosphere. Right now my main electric guitar is a Fender Strat and my main acoustic is an Ibanez grand-concert acoustic. Both are amazing instruments that I absolutely love, but I'm looking for a guitar that can get me a natural acoustic sound as well as a more affected Shoegazing sound so that when I'm on stage, I have an all-purpose instrument to use to get all the sounds I want.

What I've been looking at to use are hollow-bodied electrics, but I don't know much about them or if they'll give me what I'm going for. I'm not looking to spend over $450, either. Does anyone have some suggestions as to what instrument I might be looking for? Thanks!
Wangcaster
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Not the right place to post this man. You're gonna get a lot of answers in regards to masturbation.

Honestly, look at bands that have similar styles to what you're interested in playing and then look up the brands they use to get an idea on what you're looking for since you're giving us very vague details on what you're interested in.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Wangcaster

+1 dat tone doe
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Get the jazzmaster. You know you want tooooooooo.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
You'd probably want like a semi-hollow Tele or Jazzmaster or something. But really though, a Strat should get you good enough sound for that, so I don't really think a new guitar would change that much.

What you really need is a new amp.

Alternatively, you should try playing jazz instead.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Wangcaster

Quote by midi pure
+1 dat tone doe

Gotta love that creamy tone

Is it just me or is anybody else bothered by the phrase "varied, yet oddly specific"
Last edited by E7#9 at Aug 27, 2014,