Page 1 of 2
https://www.duolingo.com/

Wanna learn a new language while leveling up, gaining points, and pretending to be a bi-linguist? It's a pretty cool and innovative way to get people to learn new languages and I figured i'd share it with you guys.

I'm a level 2 German.

Ein Junge ist ein Kind!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'm already duo lingual though.

I win again.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
wo sind die badezimmer?

fick dhu!

ich fick deine mutter!

only german phrases you'll ever need

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I had this a while ago and forgot.

I just logged in and I have 23 words to help me get with Sonoran girls.
I used it to help me prep for German before I took a class and I used it a bit to review my Spanish which I was pretty good at but I haven't used it to speak to anyone in years.

I was actually thinking about starting Duolingo again a few days ago but at this point I'd rather pay for a language class, since it doesn't help much past a certain point. It's good for an intro though
cat
I got this earlier today, gonna use it a bit before bed
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
i started learning it so i can speak german to a friend of mine because she took a class and has no reason to use it. ive been mega lazy the last few months tho
Yes, I am addicted and obsessed, as are all of my friends. We compete with each other every week. It is honestly getting out of control.

All we do now a days is yell very basic and pointless sentences at each other in different languages. We each chose a different language and are trying to see who can become fluent first. We each get well over 1000+ xp each week so far.

La tortuga bebe leche! Je suis une femme! Pinguim contra gate! DER JUNGE ISST DEN APFEL!!!! (seriously some of the sentences in duolingo are ridiculous)
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Strange, I was just thinking earlier that I need a new method to learn another language. I tried to learn Italian and was eventually going to move onto French, but I just don't have the free time to do this on my own in between a full-time job, being a full-time student, boyfriend. The little leisure time I do have is spent on sleep and playing guitar.

Anyway, it seems kind of limited. I'll stick to Rosetta Stone and if I can find the slot for credits in between being a psychology major/pre-med student, I'll try to take classes.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Yes, I am addicted and obsessed, as are all of my friends. We compete with each other every week. It is honestly getting out of control.

All we do now a days is yell very basic and pointless sentences at each other in different languages. We each chose a different language and are trying to see who can become fluent first. We each get well over 1000+ xp each week so far.

La tortuga bebe leche! Je suis une femme! Pinguim contra gate! DER JUNGE ISST DEN APFEL!!!! (seriously some of the sentences in duolingo are ridiculous)

Oh my ****ing god, I just found out if you go to the website and use the online version of the application, you can learn so many more languages than the phone app offers. Dutch, Irish, Danish, Hungarian? With Turkish and Swedish coming next month?

Shit just got real, guys. Just feeding into my addiction. Help me.

Stepco's Master
Ooooh! They have an adorable owl mascot!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Ooooh! They have an adorable owl mascot!

No, **** that smug ass owl. "Shucks! You're out of hearts! Try again!" while he's dramatically standing in a little puddle of tears as if he gives a shit. It's even worse when you unlock the fancy attire for him, with his little monocle like he's better than you. You just know all the languages, don't you? **** that owl. YOU TRY AGAIN!

I really need to put the duolingo down for a while.

Stepco's Master
I have 111XP on Duolingo so it can be said that yes, I Duolingo
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

The ones where you have to speak are impossible
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

According to Duolingo my Spanish accent is horrible and my French accent is impeccable. I highly doubt this
cat
I don't even have a thick accent I'm doomed
Quote by lolmnt
gonna try to learn french now
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
is it possible to like fast track? i'd like to go from "kind of knew how to speak french 7 years ago" to being fluent.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

I disabled it cause it also makes you look like an idiot trying to speak with a poor imitation of a french accent in public areas.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Thrashtastic15
is it possible to like fast track? i'd like to go from "kind of knew how to speak french 7 years ago" to being fluent.

There seems to be an aptitude test on the website.

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

You can turn that off with you want.

I try to use duolingo as often as I can. Currently I'm level 6 in french and level 5 in Italian.

If anyone feels like following me or whatevs my username's Duffbag. I'll follow back.
i was gonna say

this gives me an excuse to start practicing russian again

but that isn't available for another 9 months

Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm already duo lingual though.

I win again.

fact

no amount of languages can make up for having english as a first language as a result of being a natural born citizen of a first world country
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
The only two languages available so far (in Germany) are English and Frech. So if you already speak English that's pretty useless.

edit: found out how to access the English language lections so I'm now taking an English Spanish class. That's what you call bilingual.
Last edited by azrael667 at Aug 27, 2014,
I still have the previous Dulling thread stickied

I still only speak English
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by theogonia777
fact

no amount of languages can make up for having english as a first language as a result of being a natural born citizen of a first world country

The same was true of Persian not that long ago.
cat
I have been using the site to learn Italian. Although I use mindsnacks and a couple of apps on my iphone.
Duolingo is great for teaching sentencing and speaking, I use mindsnacks for popular conversation/phrases and my apps teach me vocabulary like numbers, colours, days months etc.

Io ho un serpente nello stivale!

I have a snake in my boot
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I used to but then I slacked off and now I haven't done a lesson in ages.
I believe it was guitarxo who first brought it to my attention.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Excuse me while I go shoot myself

No no no please come back
cat
Page 1 of 2